problems with setup

taintedplay
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
dallas
ok so got it all installed yesterday, and a few things:

first off, my subs dont hit quite as hard as i thought they would (2 type r's on a aq 1200d) when they break in will they be louder? if not its good enough

also, after a few hours with shaneb, the next day i have ngine whine (had to get a new battery and alternator, both were blown)

both my front door speakers stopped working at the same time when i was turning it down one day. when i took em out and put em back in they worked. But, now they arent working again. and after i hit low 40's on my HU the back door speakers arent working either and the amp goes into protect. any clues?

check the speakers at the amp. if it's not the amp cutting out then the speakers may be going bad. double check all ur wiring make sure nothing got pinched. did you get rid of the engine noise? did you guys try the pico fuse fix like i told shane on the phone?

Unhook the speakers at the amp that are cutting out. Then turn system back on and see if amp goes back into protect. Also, check the grounds for the amp. And make sure all the select switches are set for the way you are using the amp.

well how would both front speakers go bad at the same time, run on other sides of the car from eachother? no, engine whine still there, hopefully the big three ill be doing soon will fix that. im going to do the pioneer rca ground fix soon too. pico fix? will you reexplain that for me?

also, on a side note, i have 10ga wire doing 1 ohm on the subs. is that wiring big enough? im guessing the subs are getting 600~ rms each since the aq1200d is 1200 at 1ohm (could be wrong, im still just learning)

Unhook the speakers at the amp that are cutting out. Then turn system back on and see if amp goes back into protect. Also, check the grounds for the amp.
ok will do. how do i check if a ground is good?

well how would both front speakers go bad at the same time, run on other sides of the car from eachother? no, engine whine still there, hopefully the big three ill be doing soon will fix that. im going to do the pioneer rca ground fix soon too. pico fix? will you reexplain that for me?

also, on a side note, i have 10ga wire doing 1 ohm on the subs. is that wiring big enough? im guessing the subs are getting 600~ rms each since the aq1200d is 1200 at 1ohm (could be wrong, im still just learning)
it's happened just because they are on the oppisite side of each other don't mean they can't go bad. Big 3 won't get rid of the engine wine but it'll help with the power flow. the pico fuse is teh pioneer rca ground fix.

i thought the 10ga was doubled up for your ground for a temp fix till you were able to get some bigger wire?

oh yea, the reason we did that was also because we couldent fit the 4ga power wire into the slots on the hifi amp without male quick distconnects. which noone sells locally.

what would be the best way to test the amp outside the car? get like a few feet of speaker wire and a speaker and just test it in every channel?

well the alternator and battery were dead before the amp was installed. i got a new battery (before i got the new alt) to run the hifi amp temporarily.

well the alternator and battery were dead before the amp was installed. i got a new battery (before i got the new alt) to run the hifi amp temporarily.
So your running everything on one regular battery without any charging system? It may be going into protect because of voltage. Does it shut down at low volumes or just when you turn it fairly high?

what would be the best way to test the amp outside the car? get like a few feet of speaker wire and a speaker and just test it in every channel?
yes that would be one way to do it. that way you can make sure everything is working properly and also if you have a way use a diff power source besides your car. and run a set of rca's also from a diff source. basically your benchtesting the amp before puttin back in your car. also let it run for a lil while it may not be a right away thing if it is bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.