battery isolator

Participant count
  • Participant list

sacsking916
5,000+ posts

stayin high an loud
So i bought a PAC-200 200a battery isolator cause everyone (outside of here) said i would need one to go along with my H/O alternator and 2 batteries in the trunk. before i would just run a power wire from front to back with fuse after front bat, and fuse before front bat. my question is, do i really need the isolator??? i kinda wanna use it since i already have it. and will i run 2 seperate runs off the isolator to each battery. or run it to one battery and jump the 2 of them???

Just put it in line between your front battery and the 1st rear battery and then connect your 2nd rear battery to the first rear battery.

In case you're not aware, the only reason for an isolator is if your going to be playing your system for long periods without your engine running. It will keep your front battery from being drained in this situation so if you don't plan on doing that then there is no need for it.

Just put it in line between your front battery and the 1st rear battery and then connect your 2nd rear battery to the first rear battery.

In case you're not aware, the only reason for an isolator is if your going to be playing your system for long periods without your engine running. It will keep your front battery from being drained in this situation so if you don't plan on doing that then there is no need for it.
Yea i tailgate allot but with the NFL lockout... I may have to start going out to clubs so i can get my parking lot pimp on...on 2nd thought i will just play some ps3 @ home.

I know what an isolator does. I never hsd them before is why I'm asking. According to PAC on there wiring I'm supposed to run a charging wire from the although to bat, an a seperate one to the isolator for the rear batteries. I never really nor do I plan on playing the system with the car off. But I bought it to be on the safe side. Because according to dcpower I need it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sacsking916

5,000+ posts
stayin high an loud
sacsking916
emerald triangle..home of da trees
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date