Need help setting up my new system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

DerekTG

I have probably set up 10 different systems for friends and changes mine about 5 times. Now I'm doing mine and wondering if what I have in mind will work well.

This is what I have:

Infiniti G35 Coupe Bose Premium Speakers

Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD Head Unit

Alpine MRD-M605 Mono Amplifier

Single 12" Custom Infiniti Subwoofer Box

12" Infinity Kappa Perfect Subwoofer

Now I usually just wire my systems with basic 8 gauge amp wiring kit (like $75 at bestbuy). Its just the basic 12volt, ground, remote, RCA. then I just wire my subs to the amp. All I'm

Wondering is if i should do something different for this system. Will adding anything make it sound better or make the system last longer?

Thank you in advance for your input.

-- Derek --

Anytime I put a system in my car, I get a decent brand power/ground but I get a high grade RCA's. The amp/sub combo should work well but I haven't had much experience with alpine amps. From what I've read, the amp puts out more power than the sub can handle. This is good because you can adjust the amp to put out good power to push the sub without maxing out the amp which can distort the sound. Tune the amp and head-unit right and you will have a good, clear sound system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.