question about digital designs

jose_hdz646
10+ year member

i wanna get 1 18inch dd 1500 series, and i know they are rated 500 rms 1500 max. can i put a 2000 watt rms autotek mean machine amp on them or will it be way to much for the sub i know they can really take alot but is that to much for that series? and would you guys recommend me get that one sub or 2 12 inch re se subs.

and one more question, do 18s sound the same as 15s?will two 15s sound louder than 1 18?

they dont make an 18 in the 1500 series just the 2500 and up, unless your having it custom built. and no it will not handle the amp at 1ohm but if u buy the correct voice coil config you can wire it to 4ohm and it will be seeing the power it needs. a d2 in series will get u this 4ohm load

i wanna get 1 18inch dd 1500 series, and i know they are rated 500 rms 1500 max. can i put a 2000 watt rms autotek mean machine amp on them or will it be way to much for the sub i know they can really take alot but is that to much for that series? and would you guys recommend me get that one sub or 2 12 inch re se subs. and one more question, do 18s sound the same as 15s?will two 15s sound louder than 1 18?
First off, I dont think there is an 18" in the 1500 series. (could be wrong)

Second, 2000watts RMS on a 500 watt RMS sub daily..you have to be kidding. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

18's hit slower than 15's in the sense that a 15 is more apt to being faster at responding to things like double bass kicks and such. 2 15's have more cone area than 1 18 so theoretically they will be louder, but it all depends on what subs youre talking about, and like rabbit said, the enclosure

yea but those subs have a thermal limit of about 800w and then they tend to give up. might could burp it on 2000w for like a second or two
I was merely suggesting that he needs to look at more things thing just sub size and possible amplifier power.

This setup was doing 154's and playing music at 153's in my CRX on 4 DD 1508's

showrex015.jpg

showrex012.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.