Battery Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

IndySlim

CoolAssDude
Omaha NE
Hey people I have a basshead dilemma.
I currently have a system that is 900w rms. Originally it was planned to be about 2200w rms but a blown amp and finances got in the way. Fast forward I now have replaced the blown amp. But before adding them ( by them I mean 2 amps adding a 4 channel also) to my system I need a battery (my luck at finding a reasonable HO alternator is literally non existant the quotes I got cost damn near as much as my entire system budget system or not they are offering waaay more amperage than I need I know more is better but not when I'm never going to use the extra I just think they're trying to upsale me) so anyways I'm settling for an extra battery but cant afford a 2nd xs power d3400. Do you guys know of a cheaper comparable agm battery? I was told that the batteries need to be a close match as far as ratings charging and output goes. My knowledge base on batteries isn't all that. The only reason u knew about xs power was because of a visit to a local audio shop otherwise there'd be a regular yellow top under there

JS Alternators makes good cheap alternators. $279-$399. 250amp-390amp. They are they only good budget alternators I know of. But for ur car u would have to call them to special order. +1 (864) 568-6751

1999 oldsmobile eighty-eight anniversary edition. $200 and that's stretching it
Google data safe batteries if ur set on getting a battery instead. They last for 10 years. XS power batteries only last for 5 years or so. Check it out. Less than $200. $185. 70 amp hours. AGM battery. And where it says 284w that doesn’t mean it’s a battery for an amp only pushing 284 watts. It’s 284 watts per cell. There’s 6 cells in that battery. This battery will be more than enough for the amp u have now and a 4 channel amp. And you won’t need a ho alternator for a 900 rms amp and a regular size 4 channel amp. I’d go with just an extra battery like what ur already wanting to do.

and here’s one that is $204 and is 94 amp hours. For about $20 more u get 24 more amp hours. That’s what I would do. But all u need is the first one.

Last edited:
Lets take a second and reset.

What car is this for and what is your budget for battery?
Google data safe batteries if ur set on getting a battery instead. They last for 10 years. XS power batteries only last for 5 years or so. Check it out. Less than $200. $185. 70 amp hours. AGM battery. And where it says 284w that doesn’t mean it’s a battery for an amp only pushing 284 watts. It’s 284 watts per cell. There’s 6 cells in that battery. This battery will be more than enough for the amp u have now and a 4 channel amp. And you won’t need a ho alternator for a 900 rms amp and a regular size 4 channel amp. I’d go with just an extra battery like what ur already wanting to do.

and here’s one that is $204 and is 94 amp hours. For about $20 more u get 24 more amp hours. That’s what I would do. But all u need is the first one.

Thanks for this info. I think I may have mis spoken. I'm running 900w now because I dont have the electrical power yet for my second 900w amp ( 1 on each sub) and a 4 channel i already have the amps. That puts me at 2200w

What amp are you actually using?..

Yellow tops, red tops, and all new optima batteries are crap compared to the competition. They're living off the name. For many years the east penn made AGM's have been the best value. Duracell AGM, Napa's 'the legend' (lol) AGM, and a few others are all rebadged east penn agm's. They're all between $140-180. With that being said, if you're running 1kw rms after rise, batteries are meh provided you have a good quality AGM in the mix. Alternator output is what you need but even then do you need it for 1kw rms? Probably not if your stock alt puts out ~100a.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but Ive never heard of Data Safe...but hmmm...maybe I could add one of those as my second battery. Are they ok for a daily driven vehicle? Yeah I'll be about 3300w once its all said and done but I put like 18-20k miles on my truck in year. I had been looking at either a single Odyssey or Northstar.

1999 oldsmobile eighty-eight anniversary edition. $200 and that's stretching it
Group 75 or 78 agm from autozone or advanced autoparts are rebadged penn state batteries.

Just as good as any other agm used for audio, also for alternators the budget companys would be CES or js alternators.

CES is mainly ran by patrick which he gives good prices and js alternators is a guy who works out of his garage and mainly does the work that singer alternators doesnt need or want to work on since they do partner up.

Group 75 or 78 agm from autozone or advanced autoparts are rebadged penn state batteries.

Just as good as any other agm used for audio, also for alternators the budget companys would be CES or js alternators.

CES is mainly ran by patrick which he gives good prices and js alternators is a guy who works out of his garage and mainly does the work that singer alternators doesnt need or want to work on since they do partner up.

Just so you know and everyone else reading this, Jonathan Patrick is no longer with CES alts. He made an announcement on FB sometime last yr, summertime or so. he started is own brand of alts called Brand X. Can be found on FB.

Thanks for this info I just ordered from him on his Brand X company

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.