Bass lowers when turning? wierd problem. help!

srch4aresn
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
some info:

1993 grand marquis

alpine head unit

infinity speakers

jl 250/1 amp

jl 13.5 sub

alright. all of a sudden, whenever i would make a left turn, like making a u-turn at a red light or whatever, my bass would drop to like half the volume, then once i straightened out my wheel, it would go back to normal volume.

now, its **** near stuck at that half volume, and only when i turn right, again like a hard turn when you turn into a plaza, the bass jumps up and gets loud again, then goes back down.

im guessing it has something to do with a ground, but what the hell could be making the bass increasing or decreasing from turning the wheel??!?!

any help will be appreciated!

some info:1993 grand marquis

alpine head unit

infinity speakers

jl 250/1 amp

jl 13.5 sub

alright. all of a sudden, whenever i would make a left turn, like making a u-turn at a red light or whatever, my bass would drop to like half the volume, then once i straightened out my wheel, it would go back to normal volume.

now, its **** near stuck at that half volume, and only when i turn right, again like a hard turn when you turn into a plaza, the bass jumps up and gets loud again, then goes back down.

im guessing it has something to do with a ground, but what the hell could be making the bass increasing or decreasing from turning the wheel??!?!

any help will be appreciated!
Pix of install plz. Impossible to know without seeing it.

Map out routes to all your favorite places that only allow for right turns. It will become second nature after a while.
Best advice I have ever heard on this forum. Op this is clearly the only way to fix it. Your car does not like teh deeebeeez

im baffled.

took out the head unit, all wires connected and rca plugged in all the way

checked under the hood, all battery connections are good, amp power cable to battery and fuse connections are good.

went in the trunk, all connectionss to the amp are good, no loose wires. ground to the trunk is good. wires to the trunk battery are good.

i have no idea what the problem is.

i know what my system sounded like when i first hooked everything up. on the head unit i had bass at like -4 and subwoofer at 10 and it was much louder than NOW with the bass at +2 and subwoofer at 15. just pisses me off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.