Basic Help

Pac

Philly
I am the owner of a 01' mazada 626. Im not really looking to set my car up with the whole system. I just wanted to change the head unit and hopefully get an MP3/CD player. I am very unfamiliar with this whole topic. I am curious to know what all this entails, meaning what information I should be looking for in particular as far as actual head units are concerned and within my car itself. I just want to get my feet wet and have some idea of what im looking for before i begin shopping around for a head unit.

Thanks

Pac

well being a kenwood owner id suggest something from the MPV series. but the clarions are very nice as well. not much experiance with the mp3 units but the cd units look great cosmeticly and also have crisp sound. you'd just have to go to a store and listen to a handfull to decide wich ones you like. look for quick mp3 reading, maybe even cd-rw play back. find which one u like then go to ebay and find it for cheap. or go to caraudio.com and check out the links on the page. thezeb.com is one of my personal fav's.

thanks for your help. does it matter what kind of speakers that are in my car right now. as far as watts and the technical aspect are concerned?

WHat kind of price am i looking at for the installation of the head unit and will just any format of mp3 work on the head unit?

format? mp3 would be the format wouldnt it? as far as installation goes probably like anywhere from $50 - $100. they charge by the hour and usually get it done in an hour. but u have to be careful where u go cause if its a big business then theyll do it quick and do a sloppy job. probably better off finding a friend who knows what theyre doing and let them do it. that way also you can get some idea of how to do it yourself. and if you have your friend do it you'll have to get a wiring and mounting kit which are real cheap and can find them at like walmart or somthing.

i am now in debate between a kennwood series and pioneer. I have a friend that can get a deal on a HU for about $270 but im lookin at the Kenwood KDC-MPV619 or KDC-MPV7019..........any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.