Basebalz13 07 Accord Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Geezerpoop
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Took a drive down to the Roanoke area from outside of DC to meet up with David for my install. I just traded my car in a month ago and had to put up with stock sound for a month. I decided to go from a 2 sub setup to 1 sub to save trunk room so I had David build a new box that is 1.5 cubes after displacement tuned to 35 hz.

Installed:

Rainbow SLC Kicks

1 12" Diamond Sub (M6)

zx1500.1

zx450.1

JL Cleansweep

Bulk kit of second skin

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We kept things pretty simple by just putting the amps/cleansweep on the box. I need to go to a hardware store to get some brackets to ensure the whole box doesn't get stolen with everything on it. I was skeptical of using the cleansweep but it works really well. There is a button on it to turn the equalizing effect on and off while listening to the music, and the difference is HUGE.

David did all the real work while I did the sound deadening...aka peeling stickers. The install took a while but was definitely worth it in the end.

As for David, I was very impressed with his knowledge and abilities. He took my car apart and put it back together like it was a lego set. Everything looks great. He is very mature for his age. While we were planning this build he stayed in contact with me daily. I paypal'd him money in full for the box build, wiring, and labor before the install was done....which may sound stupid but I wasn't worried considering his feedback. It was really nice to have someone who has car audio as a hobby as opposed to a shop who is just trying to get me in and get me out. The drive down, install, and back made for a 19 hour day.

Nice but why is your tweeter so close to your door handle? Looks kinda funny IMO should of centered it a bit more. I know theshape of the door kinda makes it a bit harder but i know it coould of been centered better. Nice setup tho.

Nice but why is your tweeter so close to your door handle? Looks kinda funny IMO should of centered it a bit more. I know theshape of the door kinda makes it a bit harder but i know it coould of been centered better. Nice setup tho.
As you mentioned the shape of the door threw off the tweeter placement a little. I understand what you mean though. The placement doesn't bother me nearly as much as the bling bling presentation these tweets have..was trying to get everything to look as stock as possible but the stock location for tweets at the dash would have sounded terrible

yeah, I would have loved to had the tweeters farther forward. But I looked at it for a while and the door panel just takes too big a curve just in front of the tweeter. It would have left a huge gap between the actual tweeter and door panel.

Also IMO they are aimed a bit better than if be farther forward which would be right towards your face.

It was a long fun day though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Finally got to play with a JL cleansweep for the first time. It's a nice piece for the newer cars with the complex dash. Also like Patrick said. There was a HUGE difference when turning the EQ Defeat on and off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.