Bandpass help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nukedsodapop
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Somewhere
Haha I was wondering what you could tell me about 6th order reflex boxes. I was thinking about making one here soon, and was thinking that it would be nice to have 2 boxes in one, one tuned to 40 and the other around 28. Would this work? I was just wondering because I have an 18 that I want to put into a firebird and I am going to college where I wont be able to watch my car at all times, and it'd be in a parking lot alot unattended. I need the sub to be inside of the box, and the sub is an 18 rlp. I dont really know which bandpass would be best for the application but I want it to be low loud and not peaky. The 6th order is the first thing that came to mind, because it would basically be two boxes with different tuning and volume, one peaking lower than the other, right? Again, I dont know, I've never really messed around with bandpasses. Haha thanks in advance

Blake

lol it'll fit, I'm taking the back seats out to build the box in that space

And this thread was originally meant to be a pm for you 80 but your inbox was full haha

lol it'll fit, I'm taking the back seats out to build the box in that space
And this thread was originally meant to be a pm for you 80 but your inbox was full haha
lol o ok its clear now

but if u have 36wide x 24high x 24deep u in good shape

I agree it will not fit your going to need over 8 cu/ft to do the box right.

BTW, I would not do a 6th order it won't be worth it.. maybe a 4th order, but still with the driver your using its still going to need alot of space.

I agree it will not fit your going to need over 8 cu/ft to do the box right.
BTW, I would not do a 6th order it won't be worth it.. maybe a 4th order, but still with the driver your using its still going to need alot of space.
he can do 6th order...it will be fine i have design for one and it worked out great

4th order is pretty good as well....

but if he's asking about a 6th order bandpass he's looking to maximize the power he has available..being that a 6th order bandpass is more efficient with power than a 4th order

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.