Bandpass Box (DD9510g) ported through rear deck? should i do it?

UNDERGROUND_BUM
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
HAWAII
ok so ive talked to 80 and im really contemplating doing a bandpass enclosure for my 06 Civic sedan and porting through the rear deck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif This would be my first bandpass box, and i just wanted some other opinions on what im thinking of doing. Ive heard mixed things about bandpass boxes and just want to know if im going in the right direction for a good mix of SPL and SQ (daily driver). Im thinking it will help with the trunk rattle and give some extra output because its being fired directly into the cabin. How do you think a DD 9510g powered off a sundown-3000 would perform in a 4th order bandpass box?

i've got one running off a kicker kx1200.1 at 1500wrms in a slot port in a sedan....... it dosn't like certin frequencies but (pritty sure it's the box) and alot more power

Ok so one of my friends (guy that i bought the sub from) says that this sub isnt really made for a 4th order and that the low roll off freq will be to high and the high roll off freq would also be to high (not good for daily driver). Anybody feel the same? just trying to get as much knowledge as possible : ) I have been talking to 80INCHES and JBLCAMRY about this bandpass box for the 9510g and this hasnt come up idk if its because they didnt put the specs in a program yet or if im missing some thing ????

Im doing a bandpass, my reasons are similar to yours and there not also. My rear seats dont fold down so this was the easiest way to get extra output, not only that but it reduces trunk rattle. I also had 80 design mine so I trust that it will handle most/all music with good spl/sq as I know bandpasses are tricky to tune. Sealed is ~2 cubes and Ported is 4.34 @ 45hz

Im my opinion the DD 9510g is not suitable for bandpass at all, going by it's specifications, it's most happy in a horn (I've just finished a SPL horn for a 12'' with similar specs) and only barely passable in vented.

This is a very clear example of "There is such a thing as too much motor strength"

i know the 2510 works great in a 4th order but the thing is with dd subs are thier suspencion. they are too stiff to work good sealed(one chamber in a 4th order).

you can call dd and talk with them, they will let you know if it will work good or not.

i should have a 6th order bandpass for a 1508 in a few days that 80 designed for me.

if you can swing a 6th order, do it , most dd subs are right at home in one and they work very well in 8th orders as well but thoes can get quite big.

i know the 2510 works great in a 4th order but the thing is with dd subs are thier suspencion. they are too stiff to work good sealed(one chamber in a 4th order).you can call dd and talk with them, they will let you know if it will work good or not.

i should have a 6th order bandpass for a 1508 in a few days that 80 designed for me.

if you can swing a 6th order, do it , most dd subs are right at home in one and they work very well in 8th orders as well but thoes can get quite big.
ive thought of a 6th order //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif And i might have to swing that way. How big do you think a box would be for 1 9510g (6th order) would be ?

Ok so one of my friends (guy that i bought the sub from) says that this sub isnt really made for a 4th order and that the low roll off freq will be to high and the high roll off freq would also be to high (not good for daily driver). Anybody feel the same? just trying to get as much knowledge as possible : ) I have been talking to 80INCHES and JBLCAMRY about this bandpass box for the 9510g and this hasnt come up idk if its because they didnt put the specs in a program yet or if im missing some thing ????
the low end and high end roll off is higher than that of a ported box. true, but if you can have a 4th order playing from 30-70 then who cares......i mean really.....who plays their subs above 70 HZ and calls it sq?

Theres my .02

hey, the roll off of a 6th order is much sharper than that of a 4th order.

FYI

but once again, they can be designed to do pretty much what ever you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.