18"nightshade box build thanks BumpinBuick

mm0142
10+ year member

CEO
Waco, Tx
Ok,I started the build today. Its coming along great . Please share your input . The design is by bumpinbuick he helped me out alot . Thank you again Bro.

zxlk5c.jpg

2iu2n3a.jpg

sv2y2v.jpg

wri2af.jpg

1j826d.jpg

npgfwx.jpg

oau646.jpg

9sf0hh.jpg

1ove50.jpg

10xu29v.jpg

2h6ddl4.jpg

aahlae.jpg

I wanted to let the caulk dry good then add another coat on the iside beforei add the top and caulk it . I was going to add some bracing but dont have much room to add much of anything and all of the 45s will support it wellI believe .What do you all think ?

Put yo drawz back on!

Box looks good. Try to at least do some vertical bracing with some dowel rod or something to help support the sub.

thanks yall will do . i dont have any dowl rod . I do have a bunch of small mdf peices thati can add in that should work wouldnt it ? just like 4 2" peices from top to bottom on 4 sides of the sub ?

i bought 2 1.5" round dowel rod pieces 3 ft. long for like 4 bux and was a very good investment...also are you gonna double baffle the sub side of the box..

need to brace the front/back as those are rather large panels. Do some strap bracing as that won't eat up much volume. I do one on the non port all also...

i will get some dowl rods it will have to be later this week but i would rather not finish and do it right the first time . I will double baffle the top also i have to use a jig saw to cut the holes out though so i cant flush mount the sub and have it look good but I will double up the top piece .

I should have the saz1500d and the 300a iraggi amputator buy the end of this week or first of next week . I just put 100sqft of damplifier and 50 sqft of damp pro. I did 1/0ga big 3 and 1/0ga pos and neg wires ready for the amp . also added a kinetik hc800 will get a bigger rear batt later if i still need it but I think this will be fine .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.