Aux cord's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Buster son

CarAudio.com Newbie
Just wondering my neighbor has a 100watt amplifier and wants to hook a ten to it but already has a 12 hooked up. Which would sound better using the only rca jack she has to plug into the ten and 12 the ten has a built in amplifier already or should she just use the RCA's for the 12 only??

You're not making sense but from what I can understand:

Do not connect the 10 and 12 inch together. There are a ton of acoustic reasons for this but suffice it to say, the 10 and 12 will be fighting with each other instead of "helping" each other. The only way 2 subs "help" or get "louder" is if they're both exactly the same and enclosed in the same way.

One or the other and go for whichever one hits better or your neighbor prefers. I'd probably use whichever one has more power. Research the 10" and find out.

There should be two RCA plugs from the Headunit, if the sub only has a single input you'll need a Y-Adapter to combine them together.

if she wants to run that 100 watt amp then she can only run it on the 12 inch sub. But if doesn’t wanna run that then she can run the 10 inch sub with the built in amplifier instead. Probably should say scratch the 100 watt amp and 12 inch sub and run the 10 inch sub with the built in amplifier because it probably puts out more watts. But if any of that setup is faulty then go with the 100 watt amp and 12 inch sub or vise versa. U can’t hook that 100 watt amp up to that 10 inch sub with built in amp. If one of the subwoofer boxes has a port where air can come through then that’s the best bet that will make the decision easier. Because I know that she isn’t gonna go out and buy anymore gear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.