Audioque Sound Quality

Friend had a pair of HDC3 10s in the single cab of his GMC Serria, right behind the seat, and honestly, I was really suprised, they hammered of course, but they sounded great too, just clean and loud. He had no problems hitting lows either. I was running a single Soundsplinter RL-P 15" tuned to 28hz in the trunk of my Crown Vic, and his 10s would drop just as well as my 15" tuned low. AQs are just nice subs all the way around.
by any chance was his name mike?

by any chance was his name mike?
Indeed, got a few vids of the setup on youtube....I was the one that got the video of him hitting that 146.3db last summer. Good dude, I know he has something new planned, got to text him and see whats up.

Looks like I should head to mobile:) ha.

Just wondering tez4life, any comps down there? Maybe once a year we'll have one up here in huntsville. Alabama's not known for car audio comps:p

I have a SDC2.5 10 on 950 watts, in a 1.45 cube box tuned to 39. I am not loving the sound and output honestly, and am thinking of actually going to a sealed 12 in the same airspace. Maybe it's just my preference for sealed.

Also, I am noticing some noise off the sub (it's less than 2 feet from my head in a vette) that sounds like I would think tinsel slap, but it shouldn't be doing that from the design.

Looks like I should head to mobile:) ha. Just wondering tez4life, any comps down there? Maybe once a year we'll have one up here in huntsville. Alabama's not known for car audio comps:p
No its not, lol sad aint it? Matter of fact, the USACI event I went to last summer when Mike took his truck over was the last event ive been too. It would be nice to be able to go to a event and check out other cars and extreme systems. May have to drive elsewhere lol.

my experience has been the opposite of amartin's as I prefer the alum coils over the coppers. They seem to have a little tighter/punchier sound and since I listen to mostly metal/rock and old school hip hop they sound very good. Dialed back and with some EQ work and a good front stage I think they can sound very good.

Funny someone mentioned RL-P's as that's what I ran before and I thought they sounded too dry, just lacked impact on the stuff I listen to. I much prefer the HDC's.

The HDC's will hit the lows very well and with authority, but they will never be a boomy/bottom heavy sub...

No its not, lol sad aint it? Matter of fact, the USACI event I went to last summer when Mike took his truck over was the last event ive been too. It would be nice to be able to go to a event and check out other cars and extreme systems. May have to drive elsewhere lol.
come up to IL Tez and you can hear my set up, not that it's all that extreme, but it sounds **** good and gets pretty loud...did a 61.3 on music last week at a USACI show.

come up to IL Tez and you can hear my set up, not that it's all that extreme, but it sounds **** good and gets pretty loud...did a 61.3 on music last week at a USACI show.

Mike, you did a 61.3 on music and you dont consider that extreme? If I could break a mid to upper 140s and still retain my back seat, id be thrilled (considering my car) Congrats too, and knowing your setup im sure it sounds great too.

His were tuned rather low, 33hz, which I wouldnt recommend, as his lows were trememdous, however, it really fell off on the upper end. After he trimed his areo ports down and brought the tuning up to 38hz, he seemed to like it better. I personally would suggest 35hz for a daily setup with them. Im curious about the 1508s, ive been thinking about doing a 6th order bandpass through the rear arm rest of the Crown Vic on and off for a while now with them, but wasnt sure it was going to be enough output for me. They are beastly subs though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif
Thanks man for that info. I'm trying to get in communication with the guy and hopefully I can grab one locally if it's something I want to do. I'm gonna tune it probly at 38hz. Had my DD's tuned to 35 and they hit all kinds of ranges so I might try that as well.

And thanks to everyone else for their responses, hopefully this will help someone in the future if they have the same questions and don't want to read through a bunch of threads.

Indeed, got a few vids of the setup on youtube....I was the one that got the video of him hitting that 146.3db last summer. Good dude, I know he has something new planned, got to text him and see whats up.
yah thats the guy. i knew he sounded familiar. its crazy what he does with such small space lol

I have a SDC2.5 10 on 950 watts, in a 1.45 cube box tuned to 39. I am not loving the sound and output honestly, and am thinking of actually going to a sealed 12 in the same airspace. Maybe it's just my preference for sealed.
Also, I am noticing some noise off the sub (it's less than 2 feet from my head in a vette) that sounds like I would think tinsel slap, but it shouldn't be doing that from the design.

did you break it in?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.