• Participant list

Moofs
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
What do you think would be a better Audioque setup:

A single SDC2.5 12

OR

Two SDC2.0 10's

After shipping the different between the two would be $30.

I listen to mostly rock and indie music, but I also have a fair amount of rap and dubstep.

(other choice is a single IA 187 12 but I cant seem that being better than the above)

Thanks

I'm more between the 187 and the sdc2.5 than the 2.0's.

The 187 setup would generally cost me less. it's about 20$ less shipped. the amp to power it would cost less. and finally I'd use a dual 4g amp kit to run it rather than 0g which would save about another 40-50$.

so basically, would an SDC2.5 be that much better than a 187?

sorry I should of been more specific.

I was gonna get a dual amp kit, 4g that split to two 8g. One for a 2 channel, one for a mono. But with now giving the SDC2.5 like 500-600 watts. Wont I need to get a 0g that splits into 4g? Wont 8g be to small for that kinda power?

I might as well do 0 split to 4g then but I think I'm actually gonna get the 187 now.

I mean, does anyone have reason for me not too?

Yes you dont need 0g but if you want to upgrade your power down the road you wont have to redo everything so I would just use the 0g and be done with it.

sorry I should of been more specific. I was gonna get a dual amp kit, 4g that split to two 8g. One for a 2 channel, one for a mono. But with now giving the SDC2.5 like 500-600 watts. Wont I need to get a 0g that splits into 4g? Wont 8g be to small for that kinda power?
8g is actually good up to about 800w. get a 4g to dual 8g distro block and you'll be set. run the 2 runs of 8g to each amp, 4g from the distro to the batt. this is what i use, it can accept 0g or 4g and put out either 4g or 8g, you can swap out the inputs/outputs to use different gauges.

Digital Distribution System

you would want to use 2 60A fuses, you can change them at any time though. that distro actually has a built in voltage meter so you can see how your system is running

SSA Shop - SSA Dcon 12D4 subwoofer300rms

dcon is a nice sub

Phoenix Gold Competition subwoofer 10" car audio New | eBay

also 2 of these would blow a single aq12 out the water, they sound amazing 3 inch coil

CADENCE F1200-1D 2400 WATT MONO CAR AMPLIFIER + AMP KIT | eBay

with 2 guage kit

or

MB QUART ONX1.1000D 1000W RMS MONO CLASS D AMPLIFIER | eBay

as everyone know i think the cadence is the best deal, this is the way id go

or

ORION XTR PRO12d4 Brand New and The ORIGINAL XTR-PRO | eBay

these would be the best subs easily

^^^

Thanks! I'm actually in a toss up about the sub and amp combo still.

For subs, I'm still debating between two SDC2.0 10's, a single SDC2.5 12, a single FI X 12 or a IA 187 12. Thats list is also written from most to least expensive. (180$-130$)

I listen to mostly indie/rock and some rap. Anyone know how the fi X is? I need a sub that can handle midbass well. I know AQ is best for that but its also the most $. Does anyone know how the X handle midbass tones?

Also, does anyone (or mclerico83) know if the Cadence F1200, MB Quart ONX1.1000D and/or MB Quart FX1.600 make CLEAN and rated power? Also do those amps tend to run hot? The FX1.600 sound perfect as long as it stays cool and has a clean signal.

I rly can't narrow a setup down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.