Audiopipe APCL-15001D on SMD Amp Dyno at 0.5 ohms Dynamic RMS

Read Zed's article on his site and maybe you'll figure it out, he covers it pretty well I think.
Think you mean this one:

Untitled.png

Think you mean this one:
Untitled.png
This assumes you're not playing gucci mane at full power. You know that kind of music, pure sine waves for 10 seconds at a time.

no way a 60A fuse is going to last on 1300watts for 10 seconds of gucci mane.

This assumes you're not playing gucci mane at full power. You know that kind of music' date=' pure sine waves for 10 seconds at a time.
no way a 60A fuse is going to last on 1300watts for 10 seconds of gucci mane.[/quote']

How about this? Try it on a 0dB tone for ten minutes. I own the Minotaur. You're still wrong.

How about this? Try it on a 0dB tone for ten minutes. I own the Minotaur. You're still wrong.
how is that possible. This boggles my mind. The amp must draw gross power through the inline fuse, waste some power as heat, and push the rest through the output stage. 1300watts and 60A doesn't add up.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif

how is that possible. This boggles my mind. The amp must draw gross power through the inline fuse' date=' waste some power as heat, and push the rest through the output stage. 1300watts and 60A doesn't add up.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif[/quote']
Or maybe you're not the engineering whiz kid you think you are?

how is that possible. This boggles my mind. The amp must draw gross power through the inline fuse' date=' waste some power as heat, and push the rest through the output stage. 1300watts and 60A doesn't add up.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif[/quote']
lol there is other factors at work here which most of us dont understand, we are using ohms law at a very basic level, apply it to every device inside the amp, remember you can change low current to high voltage boost it for a loss of voltage gain current thing simple convert back to the low voltage but higher current you started with.

If your going to deny the dynamic burst from this test then you have to deny the dynamic burst test done on every amp, just like the sundown 1500 doing 2000 watts at 0.6 ohms...I don't see what the problem is?
yeah they all on the hush hush about that test

Or maybe you're not the engineering whiz kid you think you are?
I'm just upset that it takes a dyno or o-scope to see real numbers. Fuck car audio.....straight bullshit on every corner.

wait....hold up a second......

That Zed minotaur is rated 1300wrms at 2ohms. They are using 110A mosfets.

14.4v x 110A = 1584watts gross - estimated 20% inefficiency due to the power supply tech = 1267wrms

I'm back! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

I'm just upset that it takes a dyno or o-scope to see real numbers. Fuck car audio.....straight bullshit on every corner.
wait....hold up a second......

That Zed minotaur is rated 1300wrms at 2ohms. They are using 110A mosfets.

14.4v x 110A = 1584watts gross - estimated 20% inefficiency due to the power supply tech = 1267wrms

I'm back! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif
Wtf are you smoking and where can I get some? Dude, just stop.

Wtf are you smoking and where can I get some? Dude, just stop.
I'm assuming the amp is above average in efficiency. Estimating about 80% efficient at 2 ohms of resistance. You take the gross power and subtract 20%, then the result is continuous power, which is close to 1300watts as rated. I could be completely off, but when you take the numbers and put them together, things start to add up and make sense.

The efficiency of the minotaur is guessed based on the technology being used. 80% efficiency for this class of amplifier is not unusual. The only real way to tell if my math is on the right track is to have testing voltage and amp efficiency at 2 ohms at full power given to me by the manufacturer.

I'm assuming the amp is above average in efficiency. Estimating about 80% efficient at 2 ohms of resistance. You take the gross power and subtract 20%' date=' then the result is continuous power, which is close to 1300watts as rated. I could be completely off, but when you take the numbers and put them together, things start to add up and make sense.
The efficiency of the minotaur is guessed based on the technology being used. 80% efficiency for this class of amplifier is not unusual. The only real way to tell if my math is on the right track is to have testing voltage and amp efficiency at 2 ohms at full power given to me by the manufacturer.[/quote']

So what's stopping you from calling Stephen Mantz?

If your going to deny the dynamic burst from this test then you have to deny the dynamic burst test done on every amp, just like the sundown 1500 doing 2000 watts at 0.6 ohms...I don't see what the problem is?
And the dc 5k did 8k plus on this test they are saying..... bottom line is you will NEVER see that lol .. Stick to 1 ohm certified runs which this amp didn't even do rated .. Or clamp it in your car if you wanna know what your really going to see

on the subject of "over fusing", I'd bet that most manufacturers simply recommend an inline fuse or implement on board fuses that closely match the amperage rating of the mosfets. Key word here is closely....not exactly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigdwiz

10+ year member
Old School Rulz!
bigdwiz
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date