Audiopipe APCL-15001D on SMD Amp Dyno at 0.5 ohms Dynamic RMS

Wow. And I thought the Creationists went to great degrees to bend the laws of physics in their favor.

They have nothing on a group of bassheads with a hard on for a cheap amp. :p

Aaaaaand how long are those bursts?
I've emailed Tony and waiting on answers for what is happening during dynamic test.. None the less Why didn't the saz1500 or the dc1.2k do the same numbers when tested the same way??

Maybe the amp has the capability to still double up power when dropping impedance in half.. For how long is another thing

Exactly. Burst power is meaningless. Might as well be the manufacturer's posted MAX spec. Will be interested to see what it does on the certified ratings, though.
Exactly........ That test was BS, LMAO

Those amps will not do rated power and still be a clean wave...

I've emailed Tony and waiting on answers for what is happening during dynamic test.. None the less Why didn't the saz1500 or the dc1.2k do the same numbers when tested the same way??
Maybe the amp has the capability to still double up power when dropping impedance in half.. For how long is another thing
The certified test did below rated. Burst power is literally useless.

Tony's told me the burst time for the 40Hz Dynamic test, but I can't recall...it is milliseconds though. The 1kHz burst test is certified by a standards committee, he is working to get the 40Hz dynamic test certified as well (IIRC, not trying to misstate facts here, it's just what I recall him saying). The 1kHz burst test has been used for years for amp mfg's to show "Dynamic Power output" or dynamic headroom (full range amps, obviously for the 1kHz tests)

I've seen some other 1500W monoblock amps tested and it does appear the Audiopipe is stirring some hornets nests..."it just can't be true!"

Tony's told me the burst time for the 40Hz Dynamic test, but I can't recall...it is milliseconds though. The 1kHz burst test is certified by a standards committee, he is working to get the 40Hz dynamic test certified as well (IIRC, not trying to misstate facts here, it's just what I recall him saying). The 1kHz burst test has been used for years for amp mfg's to show "Dynamic Power output" or dynamic headroom (full range amps, obviously for the 1kHz tests)
I've seen some other 1500W monoblock amps tested and it does appear the Audiopipe is stirring some hornets nests..."it just can't be true!"
Nobody is refuting its validity; we're just stating the value of knowing this headroom for a number that can come across in milliseconds, especially when it can't make rated power on a certified test before popping a fuse.

Nobody is refuting its validity; we're just stating the value of knowing this headroom for a number that can come across in milliseconds, especially when it can't make rated power on a certified test before popping a fuse.
This ^

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Funny tho cause those (other) mono blocks atleast do rated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yes, plenty of people are refuting the test. The Sundown was tested in Dynamic mode...WOW are the results, Skar Audio tested in Dynamic mode...WOW are the results, CT Sounds, etc...but test the Audiopipe in Dynamic Mode, nope, that's not a good measurement....can't be right. No way, not clean, not accurate, not valid, etc.

Again, the amp does just over 1300W at 1 ohm at 1% THD (14V), 1500W at 1 ohm at clipping (14V) and does 2800W dynamic at 0.5 ohms...those are the measured numbers on the Amp Dyno. Another comparison, it did just over 2kW at 1 ohm in dynamic RMS burst mode

By the way, those of you using o'scopes to see THD are looking at clipping, not 1% THD. O'scopes are pretty to look at during amp tests, but they are useless at measuring THD accurately...but clipping, yes! This amp does 1500W at 1 ohm for you o'scope fans. BigDWiz, out!

By the way, those of you using o'scopes to see THD are looking at clipping, not 1% THD. O'scopes are pretty to look at during amp tests, but they are useless at measuring THD accurately...but clipping, yes! This amp does 1500W at 1 ohm for you o'scope fans. BigDWiz, out!
If you actually know how to read a oscilloscope and use the graph on the screen you can calculate the total harmonic distortion.

Another word for this is call MAX power. A BS rating that no one in the real world is ever going to see.
Actually, it is RMS power at the 40Hz burst, not MAX (According to Tony and the AD-1 manual). But it is a quick burst, the test is designed to simulate music playback. Real world? Maybe not, but for comparing an amps dynamic headroom, yep...good test. It's fast enough to bypass the amp's protection circuitry, yet still shows how much power the amp can put out dynamically

Another word for this is call MAX power. A BS rating that no one in the real world is ever going to see.
percussion drums in music is very brief. It's possible to get clean power way over RMS for 10 milliseconds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigdwiz

10+ year member
Old School Rulz!
bigdwiz
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date