AudioDaves 1996 Blazer

I'm sorry i must have mistaken your posts about how many trophies you have, about how you got 20 years experience, about how your shop does great work. I must've missed the true meaning of the posts. My post about the RCAs and power wire are to show you that mistakes can be covered up. If I were to do a big build like that, i would make sure everything is up to par and perfect. Maybe it's just me, but if I knew i made something that's not up to par it'd bug the hell out of me even if it can be covered up.

And i got another question, why are you using 1" HDF instead of more convenient .75" MDF? You aren't building a high SPL car from the looks of it. Adding all that extra weight just asks for more problems. I'd much rather work with something lighter too. Don't bring up an integrity answer since a box's integrity can be gained easier by using other methods such as bracing and threaded rods.

As for the hdf, it was because im in the land of wood and it was avail at same cost. I dont care for rods either. Its also a 4x4 so weight wasnt an issure other than fuel mileage. Got 5K$ in audio its hard to argue fuel economy I guess. As for SPL, it seems to do just fine not even dialed in yet as I said before. Your discussion at the rcas is completly different. Noise in the system possibly isnt comparable to covering a baffle hole. Tieing a knot in a RCA set cuz its under the carpet ok. But dont compare apples to oranges. And for the last time this isnt my build its my sons who just got his liscence.

Ive stated my peace im not arguing anymore.

Those cuts just dont scream out high quality. If you cut corners there, who knows where else you cut corners?
thats exactly what Im gettin at...

Instead of arguing what you and your son do, why dont you take some good advice instead of being a defensive prick.

New carpet went in this weekend. I will mask and shoot all of the interior trim, panels, console etc with accent colors to match the amps. Also we are going to move the amps to the rear wall/vent and see how we like that w plexi. More pics soon....

This forum's got an attitude! nobody likes that....
This is a nice build, and from what I've seen AudioDave you do consistently nice work. let the cars speak for themselves.
Thx Bob, will do as many others have said the same as you have...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

This is the card you played on a different site when you were called out for posting gross misinformation:

LOL yep just what I told you in the PM. Seems tho mr 21 is getting it back from everyone too, I am done with him. I am about done here too,,,, guess if they knew who I was, it would be different? Anyways I got your pm back I will call you sometime.
We now know who you are. Frankly, your work is substandard and your knowledge of the basic fundamentals of basic car audio design and installation is severely lacking. I hope no one takes your advice seriously. Young people on here can be easily impressed.

This is the card you played on a different site when you were called out for posting gross misinformation:

We now know who you are. Frankly, your work is substandard and your knowledge of the basic fundamentals of basic car audio design and installation is severely lacking. I hope no one takes your advice seriously. Young people on here can be easily impressed.
WTF you talking about? How does that say who I am or what I do? Obviously you didnt read the posts from the team at Soundstream newb. So far noone has seen anything on any site but your talk just like they said over there.

Yesterday was a little more sunny so decided to work on the dash plates. I retroed a plate to change out the 4x6 plates in the factory slot. Notice how good GM was, those are tweeters and by my finger is a 6db cap lol! Anyways we retrofitted the plate with a peice of 1/8" lexan. Driled the holes with a hole saw, soldered the leads, then used hot glue to attach and seal to the plates as well as the soldering sites. No mess, no shorting, and much better dispersion from the soft dome plate. We also decided to go with high end M&K Tweeters in the entire install. The Seas were not availiable any longer we wanted.

Big 3 and Optima upgrade. Also a nice huge old skool 200A Phoenix Gold breaker. The + line is not run yet to the amps but it just goes on the one open lead. Also a shot of the new HO Alt installed.

Finished the new carpet install, looks great. Now we will redo the panel fragments from all over inside to offset the black and gray with Art graphics off the white to match the amps. Pics up soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AudioDave

Banned
AudioDave
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from