USA
Going to start a new project. Will have:

Pioneer Dex-M400 Controller*

Pioneer CDX-M30 Changer*

AudioControl FOUR.1 Preamp (Until I find a PPI PAR225/245)*

PPI Art Series FRX-456 Crossover*

PPI Art Series ACM-420 Noise Gate*

4 or 6 (not decided at time of post) JL 12w3v3 Subs *have 3

(The guys at CarToys think im nutz goin with any more than 2)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

2 or 3 (dep on how many subs) PPI Art Series A600.2 Amps *have 2

2 PPI Art Series A404.2 Amps*

1 PPI Art Series A100.2 Amp*

6 Seas 6.5 Drivers*

8 Seas 4" Drivers*

8 Seas 1" Tweets*

All old school Phoenix Gold wire and cables/cap*

Going to wall the rear from behind backseat on. 2.4 CF Enclosures built seperatly with 1" Hdf (not Mdf) from a special lumber store (lots here in Oregon lol). Est weight of empty enclosure 422LBS.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

A/V System with 14" Monitor and sperated center channel with 7.1 surround running off system. High output 240Amp Alternator, 3 Optima Yellow tops, and all the dynamat it will hold. Wife said if I can fit the carseat in, I can do it - so again, I will. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Pics will be up soon. Starting the work this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about all PPI subs too but I didnt know much about them. There are very few dealers up here who carry PPI. I auditioned a JL and loved it, so I went with those. But its easy for someone from Soundstream to say that lol as that ius where PPI is now made :)

Well got the PAR finally. Going to run 2 A600s for now and see with 4 of the subs at 2 ohms each. Also got the 6.5's yesterday gonna put all 8 in, so much FKKN rain is putting a barrier on my woodworking outside grrr!@ as I live in an apt. Also I changed the QTY of 6.5s. Think I am going to skip the 4" and run all 6.5 at diff xover points. This ends the coloration scare I was worried about. More pics to come soon once it dries up!

nice old school setup...I have a M400 controller and M30 changer also...you don't see those used often...I've been saving it for a rainey day...I'm hoping to use my PPI art amps soon on something...nice collection you have there

nice old school setup...I have a M400 controller and M30 changer also...you don't see those used often...I've been saving it for a rainey day...I'm hoping to use my PPI art amps soon on something...nice collection you have there
Thank you! I loved the DEXm-400. I got it at a garage sale for 50.00 with the changer. Incredible deal and find. The only bad thing however I found out is those old changers dont run CDR or MP3 cds etc so I had to convert a few disks to CDA format to work. Also the preout is only 500MA not even 1 volt. Soooo the PAR and the FRX-456 solved that. Then the last thing you gotta do, is gauge the FRX to NOT put out its 8v capablities cuz the amps only handle 4v in. Its gonna be a challenge but once its callibrated and installed it will im sure be as sweet as my last demo if not better.

Thank you! I loved the DEXm-400. I got it at a garage sale for 50.00 with the changer. Incredible deal and find. The only bad thing however I found out is those old changers dont run CDR or MP3 cds etc so I had to convert a few disks to CDA format to work. Also the preout is only 500MA not even 1 volt. Soooo the PAR and the FRX-456 solved that. Then the last thing you gotta do, is gauge the FRX to NOT put out its 8v capablities cuz the amps only handle 4v in. Its gonna be a challenge but once its callibrated and installed it will im sure be as sweet as my last demo if not better.
yes...that sounds like it will be nice...I ran my DEX setup at USACi World finals in 91....I ended up getting a 2nd...I had it on 6 Lanzar 12's and two PPI made MTX Terminator 225's ....in a Silver Probe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AudioDave

Banned
AudioDave
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from