Audiobahn - How to convince someone that they really are awful

43de
10+ year member

dallas tx
So my buddy from school is looking to invest in some car audio equipment. Like most people buying their first system, he has been brainwashed into thinking that brands like Audiobahn and Rockford Fosgate are the ****.

Now, the thing that bothers me is that he says that my adivice "contradicts what a lot of people have been telling [him]," and so does not trust my opinion.. So my question – how do I convince him that they are garbage subs? Okay Rockford Fosgate.... ehm, debatable, but Audiobahn??

I think it's a good philosophical question, and also touches on the issue of people believing marketing/salesman/idiots' ********.

Any opinions, suggestions, or personal experience? Any concrete examples would be helpful.

I'd be willing to bet this douche bag was just misinformed, and now that hes found a reputable site he can get a decent system. I'd also be willing to bet I should start my own thread on the issue don't you think nate?

Willis

I'd be willing to bet this douche bag was just misinformed, and now that hes found a reputable site he can get a decent system. I'd also be willing to bet I should start my own thread on the issue don't you think nate?
Willis
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ohsnap.gif.17c4c91be09a7a4a3995fb7145adac39.gif

Willis
Hahaha wanted to help you out. You didn't believe me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Rockford and Audiobahn are the best though. Besides for funky pups of course
funky pups FTW!!!

ziggy-albums-funnies-picture2158-funky-pup-blide.jpg

I guess I deserved it. I do give him **** for his bike all the time. I think? I just posted a thread chronicling this adventure over in general discussion. I'll post a link if the thread actually stuck. I hope it did, i spent like 15 minutes writing all my thoughts down.

Audiobahn is so good they went out of business a few years ago then Pyle picked them up about a year ago and resumed production.
Yeah but whether a business died has nothing to do with quality... Adire Audio, Proton(their Dynamics-On-Demand amps are legendary), Lambda Acoustics, TC Sounds(they changed hands) and Eclipse(they quit the USA market) are some companies that went out but their stuff is some of the best.

To be honest everyone including myself makes fun of Audiobahn but their stuff is not THAT bad, their earlier stuff was pretty decent before they decided to bling out all the amps and subs and made everything all cheesy. Their high-current class AB amps are actually pretty nice if you have the electrical to support it. Remember their rack-mount series of amps? They were pretty solid. The high excursion series of subs are nice too.

Audiobahn's one of those weird companies that either makes bottom of the barrel crap, or high end gear..... nothing really in between. Wingman made a lot of good points above. The economy had a big part to play in a lot of brands going out of business or selling out, unfortunately. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.