Audiobahn AW1206Q DVC Wiring Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlg1783

Okay so here's my question. I just got a new Audiobahn AW1206Q DVC sub and was planning on installing it but then I noticed its input terminals are not like anything I've ever seen before. I realize that obviously DVC subs are supposed to have two seperate speaker inputs (one per coil) but this one has four. On both sides of the subs there are 4 terminals in a row like this O O O O

The first two are labeled positive and the second two are negative. Each coil has these four terminals so how in the hell am i supposed to wire this thing???? I am just going to be running the one sub and powering it will be a

Sony XM-1600GSD. Its a Class D monoblock subwoofer amp which is 1-ohm stable. Until I got confused by the extra terminals on my subs I was going to hook up the two coils in parallel but now Im not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated since Audiobahn's Tech Support has yet to respond to me.

P.S I am not new to car stereo installation at all. I have done dozens of systems for my friends, but I have never installed a DVC sub before. So if this is the normal configuration for these things I apologize for my idiocy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.