Audio Legion

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Ok, just ordered a set of those comps. I really need to stop my impulsive purchasing. But I really do want to change out my Polk comps so I guess that was my reason.
When will the comps be in? I’m tempted to buy some of they are actually good. You plan on testing them soon or just an impulse buy LOL?

06gtmike

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Oct 1, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
I got myself a $230 paperweight. Rca’s are busted, input side isn’t connected to the board.
314B9385-C415-447B-939F-B42460840C02.jpeg
7A602056-5C7B-4A54-825C-567376343C68.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Popwarhomie

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Wow

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
That ***** hard! Sorry to hear that man.

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
When will the comps be in? I’m tempted to buy some of they are actually good. You plan on testing them soon or just an impulse buy LOL?
Comps scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Kind of both, impulsive purchase but, I will be installing in my truck when time permits. Focusing on my son at the moment, he has COVID ☹

• Sad
Reactions: Coolhand20th

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
My wife, 4 year old, 4 month old, and me all had covid and it went through no worse than allergies. The kids kicked it fast. How is he feeling so far?

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas

06gtmike

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Oct 1, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Will your credit card company help you out at all or anything?

I can attest that FedEx didn’t seem very gentle with my product.
I haven’t even looked into it yet, it just came yesterday. It looks like the knob was on that end of the box and I’m guessing they were bouncing up and down on it. Figures it’s the one model without the tiffany style rcas that probably could have withstood that. I’ll probably just **** it up and get it repaired someday or just sell it off for a loss down the road. I knew it was a gamble and it didn’t pay off, oh well.

• Sad
Reactions: Coolhand20th

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
I do hate this model doesn’t have Tiffany style even when the description says so.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Yes

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Mike I am sorry to hear that this happened. I know Fedex around here is really good but before that who knows. My outside box had a rip in it so I made the guy sit outside till I opened mine up. I know not everyone can do that, I can being disabled so that is one perk of it,lol. But I left the QC sticker on as its on the one corner and took the rest out everything on mine thankfully looks okay. It is a heavy amplifier that is for sure.

Fedex and UPS just don't give a damn anymore not with the amount of online ordering going on these days. Not like it was back before 2000 when you had mainly catalog ordering. Nowhere near the amount of stuff being ordered. Who knows how many millions of packages each one handles each day now heck just from Amazon alone with all the warehouses they have in the States!

06gtmike

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Oct 1, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Mike I am sorry to hear that this happened. I know Fedex around here is really good but before that who knows. My outside box had a rip in it so I made the guy sit outside till I opened mine up. I know not everyone can do that, I can being disabled so that is one perk of it,lol. But I left the QC sticker on as its on the one corner and took the rest out everything on mine thankfully looks okay. It is a heavy amplifier that is for sure.

Fedex and UPS just don't give a damn anymore not with the amount of online ordering going on these days. Not like it was back before 2000 when you had mainly catalog ordering. Nowhere near the amount of stuff being ordered. Who knows how many millions of packages each one handles each day now heck just from Amazon alone with all the warehouses they have in the States!
Thanks man. Stuff happens and I’m gonna try not to lose any sleep over it.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Thanks man. Stuff happens and I’m gonna try not to lose any sleep over it.
It looks like an easy fix to me but obviously I don't know what tools or skills you have. And yeah pretty sure that's shipping damage

Reactions: Bobbytwonames

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
My wife, 4 year old, 4 month old, and me all had covid and it went through no worse than allergies. The kids kicked it fast. How is he feeling so far?
Glad you guys experience was mild. My son has it bad. He is currently in the hospital. Excessive vomiting and coughing combined with hiccups. I knew he was dehydrated so we took him to get checked out and they admitted him to give him iv fluids. And they found his heart and lungs was affected major. He is doing better and hope he will be able to come home soon. They have/had him on a high dose of oxygen. Too much to type but I’ll be glad when this whole experience is done with.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Glad you guys experience was mild. My son has it bad. He is currently in the hospital. Excessive vomiting and coughing combined with hiccups. I knew he was dehydrated so we took him to get checked out and they admitted him to give him iv fluids. And they found his heart and lungs was affected major. He is doing better and hope he will be able to come home soon. They have/had him on a high dose of oxygen. Too much to type but I’ll be glad when this whole experience is done with.
Prayers man! I hope he battles through this and doesn't have any long term lingering effects. Stay strong man!

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Thanks man, I appreciate that!
No worries man, family first. Car Audio talk is nothing compared to real life. The long term shitt would worry me with children as well as adults. Especially, the long term effects on the lungs. Uncharted territory! DM me if there is any way that I might be able to help.

Last edited:

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Hopefully he is home soon, I've had a couple family go through it and a friend end up with it twice last year within 6-8 weeks of each other.

That stuff is known to affect the lungs and heart long term. Some have had major issues unfortunately for months and months after. No one knows the long term effects and won't for many years.

Reactions: Ridinhi

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Sorry to hear it’s that bad. Hopefully he’s released soon and things can get back to more normal life.

Reactions: Ridinhi

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds