Ascendant Audio Ava, 04 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe Build...56k beware

DSC02096.jpg

DSC02095.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

I will be glassing the doors/sails soon, hopefully I get some more stuff this week (new battery for under the hood, terminals, ect.), then I can get some work done...now that I have a sub to work with, I can get some more stuff done.

Last week I got my rainbow back from the warrenty house, thanks 6speed for the help getting it fixed.

wow man, thats a sweet new sub, only great reviews on this thing.

plz make a new thread though, loll, and good luck, lookin forward to see the new build.

so the port fires directly into the cabin behind rear seats, and the cone output fires thru the rear shelf?

i hope it works?

Should work fine.
should? ....thats a lot of work to be doing only to tear it out 'if' it doesnt work. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

nice ported / sealed box woulda been 3 hours work and guarenteed good results.

but props for your madness.....

ive been there and done that,

when i was your age and had energy like that to burn //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

just fyi, i tried doing a port like that onece, making a crazy labrynth thing to make the tuning lower, and it makes the port efficency terrible. if you have lots of volume to move, each bend in the port like that you are going to loose a good amount of spl.

its like water rushing through it. once it hits the bend wall thing, its going to have to run around the little wall and it looses its momentum - aka pressure aka spl.

i would advise against a port like that. just my 2 cents.

just fyi, i tried doing a port like that onece, making a crazy labrynth thing to make the tuning lower, and it makes the port efficency terrible. if you have lots of volume to move, each bend in the port like that you are going to loose a good amount of spl.
its like water rushing through it. once it hits the bend wall thing, its going to have to run around the little wall and it looses its momentum - aka pressure aka spl.

i would advise against a port like that. just my 2 cents.
Well after looking at everything, I dont think I have it in me to try to build that port and fit it in the box. I'll try my current port, if it isn't good, I'll seal the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.