Ascendant Audio Ava, 04 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe Build...56k beware

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep the pics coming when I get the work going, but I've got a busy schedule, I have a wedding to goto this friday/sat. and I have to make up a lot of hours of tech school after I get off work, so I'm getting little bits of stuff done whenever I can~

Thanks for the feeback, its what makes this worthwhile~

I guess the next layer will be chopped stand mat, 13.5 ounces per yard, then I'll do another with the cloth...and so on...I may do a test with the speaker in once I get another inline fuse and the battery wired up...may do that sunday.

See if I can see any flexing with the baffle/box or leaks...then I'll fix them before I finish the box. I also get to see how it'll sound =p. I think a video is in order if I do that.

I got a nice camcorder, but I'll have to try and figure out to to get it on my computer, and edit it...if not I still have my camera that'll take short, mid/low quality vids.

holyy ****, those amp are freakin small !!! very pretty, are you gonna carpet the hole thing or paint it?

either way, itll look clean and simple.

Well I've been crunching some numbers, and I'm considering changing my setup.

unforchantly, while testing (no vid, shame), I didnt have a subsonic filter active, and a song surprized me with a 10 or 15hz tone and the the sub hit the back plate...it appears to be loose now (the piece that the coil is wrapped around) and needs to be glued (seems like it is hitting/vibrting against the dustcap) or reconed as it likes to blow fuses on my amp, but the coils are intact, and the wires are not shorted out.

other than that it hit/peaked pretty **** hard at around 35hz before it hit that low note.

What I was thinking is two sundowns 1500 strapped, or the saz 3000d, 1-2 more d31a's, 60 feet of 0 gauge, 3 more fuse blocks, a LMS-5400, sealed 7.5 cubes.

I'd be selling the Ava, and the pdx1.100...and I'd be running around 3200 watts instead of ~850-1000 on the sub~

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.