Are there counterfeit amps out there?

kThNE.jpg

This lol. Most I would pay for 1500w is like $300 but that's just me...
Yea haha. $450 is a steal compared to MSRP prices though, that's prolly what he's thinking of.

I went to clean it up and the paint wiped right off
HPIM6261.jpg
Man those are **** crossovers. That should be active capable yea? :p

I was wondering about some of the gray market AMPS that are being sold from online stores that are not Authorized Dealers.(ebay ect..) Not trying to sound paranoid but if China will counterfeit a $300-600 Taylormade golf club or iPad, then why wouldn't there be counterfeit Sundown,DD,RF,ect... that are in that pricerange or higher?
Because hundreds of millions of people golf, there's a demand for it. Almost 7,000 people "Like" Sundown Audio on FB... see the difference?

How good are the rockford fosgate amps from online car stereo. They only come with a 1 year warranty where as crutch field is two for rockford fosgate
Just as good as the RF amps from anywhere else? Do you think they get different ones or something? Solid amps, overpriced.

I bought a amp from woofersetc, any thoughts on that site? Seem to be legit, haven't received the amp yet tho.
As long as they don't try to do a bait and switch on you, it should be OK... About 4 or 5 years ago I ordered a JBL BPX1100.1 from them, they charged my card immediately, then called me 2 days later. Basically, they said there was a mistake on their site and they didn't have my amp in stock, but they offered to send me a Memphis amp that was much better than that JBL that I had ordered. I told them to cancel my order or I would just dispute the charge, their choice.

My RF amp will arrive sometime tomorrow. I'm sure it will be fine but I will be inspecting it very closely. One other thing that is odd, RF lists it with a shipping weight of 14.35lbs and ups tracking shows a 12lb package in transit. Hmmm

perhaps RF ships their amps with manufacturer quality, while you are getting gray market quality packing and shipping out of your Brooklyn/Florida connection....

I just ordered a RF T1500-1bdcp and now I'm concerned. The eBay store is out of Florida but tracking shows it shipped from Brooklyn,NY. The most worrysome part is they said it is warrantied through them and not RF! If there was any problem I had to ship it to them only. Sounds shady to me. Anyone bought From these guys?
NEW Rockford Fosgate T1500-1BDCP amp T15001 BDCP New T1500 2012 model T15001 780687330286 | eBay

I'm sure youll be fine, but if you were that worried about it, why didnt you go through an authorized dealer or online reseller?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.