Are there counterfeit amps out there?

SomeguyinPDX
10+ year member

GunHappy
I was wondering about some of the gray market AMPS that are being sold from online stores that are not Authorized Dealers.(ebay ect..) Not trying to sound paranoid but if China will counterfeit a $300-600 Taylormade golf club or iPad, then why wouldn't there be counterfeit Sundown,DD,RF,ect... that are in that pricerange or higher?

I have a counterfeit prs in my stuff somewhere. I know there are counterfeit DLS and genesis and Ive seen a counterfeit alpine. Although sundown and the others make good stuff I think youd be more likely to see counterfeit mainstream stuff like RF though I personally have never seen one.

Heres a pic of the inside of the pioneer. 2 little boards and a steel plate to make it heavier.

HPIM6264.jpg

its prolly an older model.some of these stores buy old stock [woofers etc.] and sell them at discounted prices offering a warranty too,but the issue is that the warranty is from the store not manufacture ,so if something happens ,lets say in that 1-3 year warranty you return it and you may end up with no product or something else not as good or store credit if that minus depreciation like some stores do.just do your home work first before you buy ,especially from any ebay store.

I have a counterfeit prs in my stuff somewhere. I know there are counterfeit DLS and genesis and Ive seen a counterfeit alpine. Although sundown and the others make good stuff I think youd be more likely to see counterfeit mainstream stuff like RF though I personally have never seen one.
Heres a pic of the inside of the pioneer. 2 little boards and a steel plate to make it heavier.

HPIM6264.jpg
give m pics of that whole amp please. i might have one in a buddies car and not know it.

i know its not exactly what you are asking about but, their is a local scam artist that buys blown amplifiers. he pulls the boards out and replaces them with boards from pyle and pyramid amps. whatever he can make fit. he then tries to sell them on craigslist.

*** if anyone in north alabama starts to buy a amplifier from craigslist, and the guy shows up driving a bright yellow volkswagen gti. he is a scammer! do not buy anything from him!***

i know its not exactly what you are asking about but, their is a local scam artist that buys blown amplifiers. he pulls the boards out and replaces them with boards from pyle and pyramid amps. whatever he can make fit. he then tries to sell them on craigslist.
*** if anyone in north alabama starts to buy a amplifier from craigslist, and the guy shows up driving a bright yellow volkswagen gti. he is a scammer! do not buy anything from him!***
Im from Huntsville Man. How has it been down there.

Didn't Justonemoreamp on ebay used to do something like that?

Anyway, why not get a few guys together that have been burned by him and plan a surprise party for him next time he posts something?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.