Are all these components compatible? Is it a good system? any changes I should make?

Participant count
  • Participant list

xtkxwow

I'm trying to put a system together for around 500$. This system would be for quality and a little bass, nothing is gonna be blasted to loud. I'm new to the whole car audio thing and really need some help. I know the brands I used are crap, don't slam me for that. Also I have no idea how I could get this system running off 1 amp.. So if anyone knows how I can bridge it or anything let me know. thanks.

Heres the head unit. Pretty convincing, I love all the features in in and dropped quite a bit of my budget into it..

Amazon.com: Pioneer MVH-P8200 Multimedia AV Receiver with 3 In. Color Display: Car Electronics

Heres the next unit, the amp. I said i had 2 amps, this one is 4 channel and i want to use it for my 4 speakers.

Amazon.com: LEGACY LA689 2000 Watts 4 Channel Bridgeable MOSFET Amplifier: Car Electronics

Next would be my speakers. I am only getting the 6.5in for now because of my budget. also I'm factoring in the cords.

Amazon.com: Pyle PLG6C 6.5-Inch 400-Watt 2-Way Custom Component System: Electronics

Next would be the sub, I already have cords and box I'm going to use. Also I know none of the brands match. lol

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 1262w 12-Inch 1200-watt High-Performance Subwoofer (Dual Voice Coil): Car Electronics

Next would be the sub that i would like to use just for the amp on its own, this is because I don't know how to bridge or understand the concept.

Amazon.com: Pyle PLA2200 2-Channel 1400-Watt Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier: Electronics

I have had experiance with two Legacy amps. The first one I had was good enough to push my two cheap-o audiobahn 15's just fine. Thought my amp went out when my subs started sounding like a helicopter every time I turned them on. Threw away the amp only to realize it was something that went bad in my head unit. Thought for sure it was the amp, cause I had been using it a ton for 5 years and it went through a lot of dust problems cause my trunk was not really sealed off very well when it came to going over to my buddies house that was off a gravel road a few times a week.

Anyway, ive found that with most equipment you really get what you pay for. But I will tell you, when I went out and bought another 2000w Legacy amp to replace my old one. The quality of their amps have fallen from when I got my first one. Not that the first one was all that good in the first place.

I had a friend with a nice type r 12" sub and an alpine amp to go with it that I bought off him for $200. Everything was much smaller and compact, gave me a bunch more room to work with in my trunk. Then I came on here to find out that many amps out there claim ridiculously high numbers like 2000w when they can barely push 150w RMS. When you can find much smaller and compact amps that can match performance and give you better quality sound.

If you are going to look at getting an amp for just one subwoofer, you usually want to just get a mono block amp. Don't want to get a 2ch amp unless you are going to be powering two things. Bridging is easy, it's just a matter of which two connectors to use for your + and -. My last one just made me use the positive from one of the two channels and the negative from the other channel. Puts it in bridge mode so you can use both channels as one.

Here is a pretty good deal for a simple sub/amp set up though:

Sonic Electronix items - Get great deals on Car Audio, Car Stereo items on eBay Stores!

I'm still a novice when it comes to audio hardware, know a lot more people in this forum know way more than me, but did not seem to look at your thread, so I figured i'd toss in my experiances.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.