whats your view on eDead sound deadener?

eb2phkingood
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
kansas
i know there are SEVERAL better brands than edead. damplifier, dynamat, raam, fat, ect. been to the sound deadener show down so please dont link me there. im specifically wanting your view on edead here, not any other brand.

i also know that edead is a lot cheaper than most of those and on sites like ebay and amazon you can get 1 sq ft per 1 dollar.

in my specific application i am not looking for superior sound deadening, but rather something that will at least do a decent job pound for pound $ for $. what is your guys take on edead?

i will be using it for a trunk, wheel wells, and 2 doors.

dynamat is about 7$ or more per sq foot (based off of the 72sq ft package on their website item number 10465) . edead is about 1$. so as long as the edead performance is GREATER than 1$/7$ = 14% as effective as dynamat, than i think i am getting a decent deal. i realize i also could double the edead up where it really needs to be put down. im just under the assumption that surely the edead is at LEAST 14% as effective as the dynamat making it a way better deal for someone like myself who is looking for just SOME added sound deadening but nothing top class

your thoughts?

EDIT: since every phuckin answer is "well you should buy this" let me rewrite this question: "WHAT IS YOUR VIEW ON EDEAD SOUND DEADENER? NOT ANY OTHER BRAND. JUST EDEAD." thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
ok well i clearly stated i am not looking for any other brands. i am only wanting your guys opinion on edead. thanks!
Its clearly cheaper to do it right the first time so the more expensive products now will keep you from going back and buying more and more until it finally works.

i used eDead 80, works good in my trunk
awesome, did you dual layer it anywhere? or single layer the hole way? and what % if you were to guess it reduced noise from back there or improved sq spl of your system if you have one?

Its clearly cheaper to do it right the first time so the more expensive products now will keep you from going back and buying more and more until it finally works.

"im specifically wanting your view on edead here, not any other brand. "

"in my specific application i am not looking for superior sound deadening, but rather something that will at least do a decent job pound for pound $ for $. what is your guys take on edead?"

and like i said. edead 1$ sq ft. so take 1 divided by your favorite brand = how well edead has to work to make it +ev

"im specifically wanting your view on edead here, not any other brand. "
"in my specific application i am not looking for superior sound deadening, but rather something that will at least do a decent job pound for pound $ for $. what is your guys take on edead?"
Its your money and time. Go ahead and waste it.

so you are saying your opinion on edead is that it is not very good? because thats my question.
Thats exactly what I said. I wouldnt waste my time with any of the others. I like to do things right the first time like I already said.

Thats exactly what I said. I wouldnt waste my time with any of the others. I like to do things right the first time like I already said.
well with that logic.........

why is it everyone on here tells the best? i am asking about a specific product and what your thoughts are on it.

when someone is asking saying they cant decide between a Type R subwoofer and a JVC arsenal and which to get, everyone here immediately tells them every other Phuckin brand instead of answering the question. with that logic we might as well name the best sub/amp/sound deadener for everyone to see as a sticky so they dont waste their time asking about stuff that is not "the top notch brand"

well with that logic.........
why is it everyone on here tells the best? i am asking about a specific product and what your thoughts are on it.

when someone is asking saying they cant decide between a Type R subwoofer and a JVC arsenal and which to get, everyone here immediately tells them every other Phuckin brand instead of answering the question. with that logic we might as well name the best sub/amp/sound deadener for everyone to see as a sticky so they dont waste their time asking about stuff that is not "the top notch brand"
You asked for best performance for the money. In the long run the more expensive will be the cheapest. With the cheap stuff you will have to use multiple layers everywhere. With the good stuff it only takes 25% coverage to obtain the same results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.