Anyone have experience with this?

Ummm if your going by your dash voltage gauge u got problems. If that gauge say 12v your prly 10v at the amp.... u need to get a voltage gauge and hook it up right at the amp power n ground terminals.
Thanks... That's where I'll put it!

Whats the tuning? You will draw the most current about 1 octave above and below tuning. If you are tuned to 35 about 55 60 will draw the most current. Save below tuning...

Plus u cant trust that stock gauge

Tuned at 30 hz... If I use a test tone what do I use?.. I will probe the wires at amps this time to get an accurate reading but will be installing a gauge there eventually... Cap/w/guage maybe?.. IDK... LOL!... it can't hurt can it?

Oh man...didn't realize you were dealing with those things. My apologies.
I think, if I'm not mistaken, you can't get fired over health issues when you go back to work. That's just a game companies play to get rid of someone....a liability.
And that's why you shouldn't be a dick.

Tuned at 30 hz... If I use a test tone what do I use?.. I will probe the wires at amps this time to get an accurate reading but will be installing a gauge there eventually... Cap/w/guage maybe?.. IDK... LOL!... it can't hurt can it?
You need to try several tones. From 30 to 65. Measure each. The volatge and amperage..

Moving my box around i gained 2db. What sounded good at the headrest ****** at the dash. Lol

You need to try several tones. From 30 to 65. Measure each. The volatge and amperage..Moving my box around i gained 2db. What sounded good at the headrest ****** at the dash. Lol
OH man you are assuming that I'm chasing numbers here... LOL!.. That is not a priority at all and I couldn't shift the box if I needed to!.. I am slightly disabled and it took me and my kid to get it in... as well as filling up the rear perfectly with 6" to the tailgate...(6" wide port)... I just am looking to raise voltage a little and it is not dipping as low as I originally thought... but I will test voltage again tomorrow AT the amps this time to be certain and no matter what I'll be installing a digital voltage gauge back there eventually. It's a budget build and I realize that it is... I built it to go low and get pretty loud... not pure SPL!.. it's too hot outside right now... if you saw the video it was 111 degrees at 1 pm... the testing will have to wait till tommorow AM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man... Hate on the Beater Blazer it's in as well while your at it... heck it's only redeeming factor is it runs and the air works!... LOL!... it IS a budget build after all..
The point is, these things are cheap for a reason. You could have bought a used legit 2K amp, and a 110AH AGM battery and be good right now. A cheap cap won't help and furthermore, using non AGM (possibly not even sealed?) batteries in the vehicle is dangerous.

So you cheaped out on amps, alternator, battery (and what else? Come clean now) and you're going to try to cheap out again to fix this?

Good luck, bro. I've found it's way better to just do it right once.
Ya told him too.

Ya told him too.
Ya, I been told... Thanks, a budget build is what it is... oh well... Both those batteries in the vehicle someone alluded to are under the hood... I'm not a noob... just cheap... Hydrogen gas and sulfuric acid NEVER belong in the passenger cabin... LOL!... I got 3 kids!.. I'll check voltage at the amps tomorrow in the AM when I'ts cool... It ain't perfect but it is mine and gets fairly rowdy inside...

Don't get the cap.

Waste of money.

I run stock alt, with two group 31 AGMs. Hold 13.3 full tilt with 4k sub amp and 500 watts of mids.

One decent AGM in the back should perfectly fine for that setup.

That really suks about your situation man and you have kids :/

If you could sell those two walmart batts and put that towards a decent group 31 then I think your electrical would be fine. Assuming you have the correct wiring setup.

Don't get the cap.
Waste of money.

I run stock alt, with two group 31 AGMs. Hold 13.3 full tilt with 4k sub amp and 500 watts of mids.

One decent AGM in the back should perfectly fine for that setup.

That really suks about your situation man and you have kids :/

If you could sell those two walmart batts and put that towards a decent group 31 then I think your electrical would be fine. Assuming you have the correct wiring setup.
Thanks... Well, I'ts ALL 0 ga everywhere... CCA of course... (budget build)... with 2 runs under the truck to the rear... The amps are only loaded at 4 ohm strapped as I screwed up ordering the subs... I'm not going to do like all those people on YouTube and strap them at 1 ohm... I don't want to need 4 batteries in back...LOL!.. I'll test tomorrow at the amps when it's cool... hopefully the idiot... (me)... was reading the voltage gauge wrong!.. when I started this thread I was seeing things... I only wanna see 14v+... just kidding, but it is not nearly as bad as I originally thought... once I watched the video it seemed to be 13v or so... Tomorrow I'll see...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks... Well, I'ts ALL 0 ga everywhere... CCA of course... (budget build)... with 2 runs under the truck to the rear... The amps are only loaded at 4 ohm strapped as I screwed up ordering them... I'm not going to do like all those people on YouTube and strap them at 1 ohm... I don't want to need 4 batteries in back...LOL!.. I'll test tomorrow at the amps when it's cool... hopefully the idiot... (me)... was reading the voltage gauge wrong!.. when I started this thread I was seeing things... I only wanna see 14v+... just kidding, but it is not nearly as bad as I originally thought... once I watched the video it seemed to be 13v or so... Tomorrow I'll see...
I only want to see 14v+ but I have a stock alt and my amp pullllllllllllllllllls.

Get a digital meter and let us know what it really reads.

I didn't know you had two amps thooo

I only want to see 14v+ but I have a stock alt and my amp pullllllllllllllllllls.
Get a digital meter and let us know what it really reads.

I didn't know you had two amps thooo
Three... 2 CAB's on the substage with a RF 500s 2 CH on the highs...

CCA? Oh no..

Hate to say it but your electrical....needs a complete overhaul. I know your on a tight budget but perhaps you can scrounge up some $$ someplace replace that CCA with OFC, Wal Mart batteries sell them cheap then use that $$ for something better branded, and lastly that alt. Might have to hang onto it a lil longer until your able to get some funds again. Excessive Amperage is another great alt company.

Three... 2 CAB's on the substage with a RF 500s 2 CH on the highs...
I'm sure you've seen people post about those amps dying and what not but if you keep them strapped at that ohm load then they should last no problem.

Once we can see what your voltage is really like then we can see what we're really dealing with.

Heck you could have fine voltage, that dash meter could be all types of off. Who knows..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.