Anyone have experience with this?

shredder1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
AZ
I am so close to having solid electrical... I've been looking at this for awhile... Nippon CAP1200A 12 Farad High Performance Battery Capacitor | eBay ...and will this perform as advertised? I'm at 2500+ watts more or less with 2 batteries and cheap 250A alt...Ebay... I hold +14v until really loud then it will dip to 12.5v so I believe I only need a little help... is this an inexpensive option that might work? Is it a complete waste of money? Should I just go 3rd battery AGM?

Never heard of that brand/product. Might be better off with another battery. But.....you have 2 already and a cheap alt? That should be plenty if your only running 2500 watts. Perhaps a better branded alt might help you out instead. Do you know why your dropping voltage at high volume?

I am so close to having solid electrical... I've been looking at this for awhile... Nippon CAP1200A 12 Farad High Performance Battery Capacitor | eBay ...and will this perform as advertised? I'm at 2500+ watts more or less with 2 batteries and cheap 250A alt...Ebay... I hold +14v until really loud then it will dip to 12.5v so I believe I only need a little help... is this an inexpensive option that might work? Is it a complete waste of money? Should I just go 3rd battery AGM?
your alternator is your "generator" it produces power to power your electronics. i never suggest getting a additional battery over upgrading your alternator. more batteries means the more your alternator has to charge.

so if your exceeding the alternators output and relying on the batteries they are loading your alternator more.

Because it's loud!.. LOL!.. I'm not at 150db but 145+ is certain and it goes low... yes a Mechman or Singer is probably the answer as the ALT is Ebay... but it has really helped... before the alt with 2 batts only the voltage was goin' sub 10v and causing the Highs to cut out... Now it's close... so close that I am only needing a little boost. Does anyone here have any experience with THIS item?.. Those CAB amps and RF 500s do draw a little current!.. BTW... I know that my 2 batts could be better as they are matching lead/acid group 75's from Walmart under the hood. I guess I'm just looking to cheap out... if possible!

Nothing wrong with getting another battery...it's far less cheaper than a 600-700 alt if Shredder doesn't have the $$ for one yet. Which I completely understand. Alts right now are so expensive.

Because it's loud!.. LOL!.. I'm not at 150db but 145+ is certain and it goes low... yes a Mechman or Singer is probably the answer as the ALT is Ebay... but it has really helped... before the alt with 2 batts only the voltage was goin' sub 10v and causing the Highs to cut out... Now it's close... so close that I am only needing a little boost. Does anyone here have any experience with THIS item?.. Those CAB amps and RF 500s do draw a little current!.. BTW... I know that my 2 batts could be better as they are matching lead/acid group 75's from Walmart under the hood. I guess I'm just looking to cheap out... if possible!
No wonder!! I wouldn't trust batteries from Wal Mart. Might ditch those get a better brand and MAY help out in your situation. Also....a cheap non branded alt is a no go too. You got good equipment but cheaping out on electrical.

shredder, call local companies that do motor rewinding. back in the day i got my stock 120 rewound to a 180 amp for like 220 bucks and it put me over the top and i didn't have voltage issues..

He**.. I bought a 175A Mechman in 1997 COD for $660 with bracket for a 626 Mazda... Nowadays... IDK but i'm sure they are $$$ and I'm almost tapped out!

Yeah... thats where I'm at... I'm telling ya' that it only gets as low as 12.5v now so I'm looking for just a little help to stabilize the voltage. I'm just being **** about the voltage and hoping to see 13v+ consistent... Probably gonna be an AGM in back, I got the room for 12D x 8W x up to 15D I'm just bein cheep as usual.

well considering your alt is a 250(who know with ebay) you might get away with a small cap bank.. I'd sell one of hte batteries and get a cap bank..

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/AVX/SCCY68B407VSB/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsCu9HefNWqpng9ga65R3xtBpWExhK9uEe0xeq%252bEtNNRQ%3d%3d

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Yeah... thats where I'm at... I'm telling ya' that it only gets as low as 12.5v now so I'm looking for just a little help to stabilize the voltage. I'm just being **** about the voltage and hoping to see 13v+ consistent... Probably gonna be an AGM in back, I got the room for 12D x 8W x up to 15D I'm just bein cheep as usual.
batteries discharge generally around 12.9 so its not going to stabilize your voltage.

well considering your alt is a 250(who know with ebay) you might get away with a small cap bank.. I'd sell one of hte batteries and get a cap bank..
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/AVX/SCCY68B407VSB/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsCu9HefNWqpng9ga65R3xtBpWExhK9uEe0xeq%252bEtNNRQ%3d%3d

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

batteries discharge generally around 12.9 so its not going to stabilize your voltage.
Yeah.. that might be it... I'm not dimming lights headlights/dashboard I just want that voltage gauge to stay above 13+V if possible.

Yeah.. that might be it... I'm not dimming lights headlights/dashboard I just want that voltage gauge to stay above 13+V if possible.
do a simple test for me.. find a song with a LONG bassline. say 3 or 4 seconds of bass. or you can use a test tone. play it. If your voltage drops initially but comes back up after a second or so you need a small cap bank. if it takes longer your alt is probably not a 250..

Don't be like boomingrandpa

You sure as hell didn't cheap out on brands for amps/subs. Why the electrical tho??

Don't be like boomingrandpa
I'll be one sooner than later...LOL!.. Kid in ASU and I'm currently unemployed as well... Budget built the whole darn thing and it turned out OK just did a brain fart and ordered the wrong impedance for those amps strapped... if I would have ordered the right ones THEN I'd really be lookin' for more current... and grinning while doin so!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.