Anyone have experience with this?

2 ohm nominal
Prob gonna be disappointed when you read this but ever thought about removing 1 CAB amp, rewire the other one to a final ohm load of 1 ohm and maybe sell off that other CAB? It'll ease up on your electrical a little.

Two runs of CCA can carry more than enough current to the rear.
1/0 CCA is generally rated for 250 amps depending on length.

With your current electrical setup, two runs are just fine.
Yes... I knew that as well when I bought a 50 ft. spool... I am not happy with the CAB 0 ga wire I bought... as I stated in another thread this wire is inflexible, lumpy, has a loose insulation and when you strip it the strands spread and fray like Don King on a bad hair day!.. LOL!... I had to wire the amp rack with Soundquest 0 ga as it had SOME flexibility and did not fray allowing me to hook it all up without too much problems... my hands are a little disabled still... Overall I'm pretty happy with the output and overall sound. OFC is next year as the CCA was penny pinching decision at the time as I had just bought an amp, 3 subs, Alt, interconnect and dampening within a week... I'll check voltage tomorrow when it's ONLY 100 degrees out... LOL!.. in the morning, I mean...

Prob gonna be disappointed when you read this but ever thought about removing 1 CAB amp, rewire the other one to a final ohm load of 1 ohm and maybe sell off that other CAB? It'll ease up on your electrical a little.
Yes... I did run one for awhile remember?... I had the amp that had that vibration damage issue and while I was waiting for shipping I did have the one at 1 ohm... but the output is a lot more with 2 strapped and at 2 ohms each these amps aren't loaded heavy and might last awhile... I will burn up or tire of these dual 4 subs and go with dual 2... probably next year... then I'll be at 2 ohms strapped... If I need to upgrade electrical at that point... so be it!...

100 degrees.....wow!
Supposed to be dam close to 90 here on Sunday.
Did you see the vid on page 4 or 5 of this thread... it was 111 in the shade at 1 pm... it was on the vid.

Yup sure do. If your only getting voltage drop at high volume only, I wouldn't worry about now. But...I'd keep my eye on it just in case.

Sh*t... I just realized that I idled the car thru the video... I'll try it again tomorrow at 1500 rpm or so and test voltage at the amps this time!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.