Big 3 upgrade problem

Alright, so I did the big 3 upgrade today hoping to keep my headlights from dimming and my voltage dropping to 12. I am only running 2 12s that are 150 RMS each, and I still get headlight dim. So I installed the big 3 and started my car up and I still get voltage drop and headlight dimming. Any ideas where I could've gone wrong?

Couldn't tell ya off the bat. But it wouldn't hurt to go over your connections to see if they're tight. Could have missed something. It happens.

Alright, I'll check them as soon as I can and make sure the surface they are on is clean. Is it alright for the engine ground and battery ground to go to the same spot on the chassis?

Alright, I'll check them as soon as I can and make sure the surface they are on is clean. Is it alright for the engine ground and battery ground to go to the same spot on the chassis?
Yup. Most people choose a diff grounding point from battery to ground because typically most of those are grounded to sheetmetal and they wanted a more solid connection. Make sure no paint is in between connections. Could also be that your battery and/or alt is starting to go bad causing this issue.

I don't think it would be the battery or alt. I replaced the battery last summer and the alternator 2-3 months ago. But I'll definitely check my grounds.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

FSD audio 700D amp, the car is a 2002 Chevrolet astro

Just because you replaced them doesn't mean they won't go bad. I've boughten those items before and went bad on me months later. Those 2 are just reman many times over. Who knows how many people have used them before you buy it. Just use the warranty and exchange for another. Get both load tested just to be sure. @adulbrich any thoughts buddy?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.