Any Inline 6 guys here?

Ive got a 67 falcon im doing a 2b carb swap on (from the single barrel stocker ofcourse) and im trying to figure out the best way to go. I have a rochester 2g 2barrel from a 68 catalina, a newer reman carb in great shape, or i could buy an autolite 1100 reman single barrel which are proven to be good carbs, but wouldnt help out much with performance. Ive read that the rochester carbs are great swap candidates for the old inline sixes, offering both better performance and mileage too. Im basically looking for any input on the swap, or any reccomendations from you guys.

Doesnt have many original miles on it, all stock. Fine for the wifey to drive anyway, ive got a low mileage 460 i could put in it, but i havent seen anyone put anything bigger than a 429 in these. Everything is sound on the inline 6 so im not gonna change it just yet, my neighbor had a mustang with the same engine and sold it with over 500k, still running. Most my plans for the car would be replacing the carb, redoing the interior/system, and maybe a nice set of wheels and itll be a clean cruiser.

I have built a couple ford 300cu.in I-6's (actualy have one tore apart in my garage right now) forget the 460, I-6 are snappy as hell with little work!

as for your question. Rochester is the way to go IMO

I was hoping for a 2.5 inline BMW thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Me too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have an AMC 4.0 if that counts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I was looking for a Cummins or BMW thread, I have both.

For your tiny 6 in that Falcon I would not bother with the Rochester. Jets and other tuning parts are not easily available.

Go to cliffordperformance.net. They have a Weber conversion that has the adaptor for your carb mount. If I recall your intake is cast into the head? If it is you can get adaptors for Holley 2bbl or for triple carbs. Clifford stuff is good.

I would ditch the 6 for a SBF. All the stuff you need to V8 that car is available, it's the same chassis as the Mustang.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.