any help for an audio noob?

Participant count
  • Participant list

the dibb

hey guys, car audio noob here, my truck has a pair of pioneer 6.5's in it, and an alpine cdm series hu

thats quite enough sound for me, so im taking the extra parts i was originally going to use and using them to build an all purpose boombox that will play the radio, cd's, mp3's, and take input from my computer (media center)

the equipment is a pair of sony xplod 3-way 6.5's and an apline hu and a cuspid amp. i have an 12v 1000mA inverter to power all of this also.

i have it all set up but my only problem is the red wire, or ignition wire, on the hu.

no matter what i try the hu will not power up, and from what i can tell its the red wire thats causing the trouble, any ideas on how i would fix this? my goal is to finish this up before next weekend so i can take it on my family trip with me

any and all help is appreciated

So what's the problem with it? The wire isn't recieving power? Remember that now you have to hook both the yellow and the red to a constant source for the unit to power on.

ok, been gone a few days, sorry for late reply, but thanks for the help

yeah, i got the amp to power on with the inverter attatched to it, but i couldnt get the hu to pwer on, i guess ill try again, cuz i was gonna just have a bit of a cheap setup with this old hu until i got paid and had enough to buy a new alpine hu

hey, guys, im back again, ive got everything i need to get this all done, but my only problem is, getting enough power to the amp to run the speakers... i have a computer psu that runs 350w/max and 250w continuous to run this setup, but i cant get it to fire up the amp. any wiring help would be awesome, thanks

its a standard ATX switching psu

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.