Any Car Salesmen here?

Where the hell did you hear most used cars have $3-5k in markup? That's a crock of ****. Most used car dealers don't make that around the house, much less on the front end of the deal. $1500-2500 is a safe assumption
i was selling cars for 2 yrs, and our average markup was about 4k. biggest i saw was 1 that made about 8k in the front //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

I personally sold a Harley Davidson F-150 for a $9300 front end, it made almost $14k around the house. It was a cash deal, so we didn't have to get within a certain carry %. It was quite nice. You where on one hell of a lot if you had a $4k average markup. Are you talking about $4k over purchase price, or over TIV?

Ferendon... I have a friend that was a used car salesman at one of the largest dealerships around Fort Worth. He said their typical markup was 5k. Not trying to call you out, just saying it does happen. I think advice is going to vary based on where someone has sold cars. Most dealership practices are probably about the same, but with anything there are going to be variances.

Hell...sell a car thats semi rare....we had a 18k markup on a GT500 Shelby......allll profit sooo allll money for the salesman...lucky bastard...i think it was a walkup to off showroom....just stupid

it was like 6000 in the salesmen pocket on that one deal

I have bought alotta cars and trucks in my 40 years

and there are some really great pointers posted here-

The trouble is while most car salesman as sleezy peices of turds there are a few really helpfull ones that want to get you in and out fast with the best deal possible.....

As a consumer and business owner myself some things I might add

are and pretty common sense stuff

ALWAYS buy from a salesman who is reccomeneded to you

or a friend of a friend - seasoned salesman with experience can make **** happen

I wont even talk to the schmuck on the lot...usually they are new,green &

thier inexpeince will make you nuts not too mention the paper work will be all over the place......

Dont be afraid to low ball,cry poverty tell them your interested in another

car at another dealership thats is less optioned out than the one he is selling

and you dont need all the bells and whistles....

and dont be afraid to let the sales guy stew a day while you think it over

be patent.......

If possible show a flash a roll of cash IE Mayweather.....I showed a roll money and had the freekin

owner of the dealership come buy and offer me a coke and a sandwich //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Needless to say I bought my Dooley this was and never spent a nickel of that cash

0 down,0% finance and 8Gs off sticker......plus the sandwich LOL

I might have been able to grab a few more bucks off who knows but everyone

got a fair deal..........

i went to a dealer yesterday to look at a cheap rodeo. The sales man was busy at the time to we BSed with another guy and were playing with the gaurd dog. The salesman comes over and randomly flips on me and my buddy. Saying is goin to kick our asses and even picked up a rock. Dude was nuts...

avoid those dealers.

Ferendon is an idiot
And you are?

I think you're just tired of me calling you out on all of the retarded **** that you type. And you do it a lot. I've never checked, but I hope this place has an ignore list. I deal with too much ******** elsewhere. But then again, you're good for a laugh.

Hell...sell a car thats semi rare....we had a 18k markup on a GT500 Shelby......allll profit sooo allll money for the salesman...lucky bastard...i think it was a walkup to off showroom....just stupid
it was like 6000 in the salesmen pocket on that one deal
Most dealerships cap the commissions on those cars to $1000. I think Ford even has a cap on them. It's more than $1000, but nowhere near what the full commission would be on a fully market adjusted GT500.

And you can call me an idiot all you want, but I sold cars for quite some time, and I still work with car dealerships every day, and quite a few of them. I live my life in and around the car business, and I deal with more dealerships than just about any salesman will ever work at. Are there people who know the business better than I? Of course. Do either of you? Not by a long shot.

Car salesmen are sleeze balls. of course there are exceptions to every rule but most would kill their own mother for a sale.
this is true. MANY are. HOWEVER...i have had an extremely pleasant experience with some. i bought a 2004 mustang GT 40th anniv. edition from carmax(lol), and it was extremely easy AND at a good price. just look out for the added lil costs. thats where they make theyre money. tell them to adjust the price so that the TOTAL comes out to what YOU are trying to spend. =D

And you are?
I think you're just tired of me calling you out on all of the retarded **** that you type. And you do it a lot. I've never checked, but I hope this place has an ignore list. I deal with too much ******** elsewhere. But then again, you're good for a laugh.

Most dealerships cap the commissions on those cars to $1000. I think Ford even has a cap on them. It's more than $1000, but nowhere near what the full commission would be on a fully market adjusted GT500.

And you can call me an idiot all you want, but I sold cars for quite some time, and I still work with car dealerships every day, and quite a few of them. I live my life in and around the car business, and I deal with more dealerships than just about any salesman will ever work at. Are there people who know the business better than I? Of course. Do either of you? Not by a long shot.
most dealers dont cap deals out at 1000 you dumbass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.