Any better SQL sub for the money than a Sundown SA-12?

Thanks for the offer subzero but that is more sub than I need or can power. Also out of my price range for a new sub and WELL out of the range I would pay for a used one.

If you put the sub in a box bigger than the recommended specs, it will really reach mechanical limits on less power. Get in touch with a box designer here on the forum, they can design a box that will make the GCON shine on 500w.

Thanks guys, definitely some helpful information there. I knew it wouldn't hurt to underpower a sub a little but I also figured I would be better off fully powering a lesser sub than just tickling one with higher power handling. How much larger of a box would I need to go (I understand this will be a rough estimate at best) to compensate? Really not wanting to go over 2 cubic feet. I also live in the middle of nowhere and have no experience with any of the subs I am considering, hence my need for as much input from everyone as possible. I thought SA was the primary recommendation on other threads that I read before I began posting but now it seems as though the gcon has taken over. I hope all of the recommendations for them are from people that have actually heard them and not just people jumping on the bandwagon because it is new and cool. The Fi X does look appealing as well. So I thought I had all but decided but now it looks like I am back to square 1....

i've heard that the Obsidian Audio 12 is a "SQL" sub.. i've been wanting to try a pair of 12's but i haven't been able to get my hands on them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

i've heard that the Obsidian Audio 12 is a "SQL" sub.. i've been wanting to try a pair of 12's but i haven't been able to get my hands on them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif
Yeah those are one of the many that I am looking into. I think I am going to have to rule out the Gcon though, recommended enclosure is just too big. 2 cubic feet is the absolute largest I am looking to go and that is the very lowest they recommend and optimal is 2.5-3. Guess it will have to wait for another install. Seems I am down to the Fi X12, Obsidian D4, and DC level 2. I looked into all others mentioned and I just don't think they are on the same level (or will not work for me like the gcon)

Yeah those are one of the many that I am looking into. I think I am going to have to rule out the Gcon though, recommended enclosure is just too big. 2 cubic feet is the absolute largest I am looking to go and that is the very lowest they recommend and optimal is 2.5-3. Guess it will have to wait for another install. Seems I am down to the Fi X12, Obsidian D4, and DC level 2. I looked into all others mentioned and I just don't think they are on the same level (or will not work for me like the gcon)
well i also understand that Obsidians like large enclosures as well, so you may have to rule that option out. but i'd double check that if i were you

well i also understand that Obsidians like large enclosures as well, so you may have to rule that option out. but i'd double check that if i were you
1.75-2 cubic feet is what is recommended for a single 12 on their site, I can live with that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.