Any better SQL sub for the money than a Sundown SA-12?

Kenny71121
10+ year member

I will be running a single 12 in a ported enclosure that is 2 cubic feet or under and tuned to manufacturer recommendations. The amp will be a Profile rated at 500 watts rms at 2 ohms. Lets focus on the sub here and not how crappy my amp is, haha. I am not looking to compete or impress anyone. Just looking for a daily driver setup that gets decently loud and sounds good over a wide range of music. I may even upgrade the amp if I am not pleased with the way it sounds after a few weeks. How does the American Bass TNT series compare considering it is $40 cheaper right now?

Why is it so hard to get a straight answer about anything here? Is the SA-12 not engineered to be a high output subwoofer with low distortion? Is that not the definition of a SQL sub?

SQL is not really a thing, it was kind of made up when ppl want a sound quality setup that they can play loudly, I'm guilty of trying to attain it as well. An sql sub is a subwoofer that can play decently loudly, more loudly than your grandfather would like, and have a larger frequency range specifically focusing on easy low freq reproduction, but more importantly a flat response curve as opposed to ones with peaks like spl guys like, that way it can create more natural sound and accurate sound, the subwoofer will generally have a lower power handling, less than 1000w rms, higher power handling and sq dont mix

Not trying to be a **** bro. Just sayin. Check out an SSA sub that's in your price range or perhaps an Incriminator lethal injection.

SQL is a made up term and there is no definition to it so people are going to misuse it..

also who says 1000 watt drivers are sq drivers?

that's like saying 100 watt midrange drivers are built for sq.

I can name a few drivers that take over 1kw and win at lots of shows even over the best "sq" drivers..

when you mention sq as far as speakers your talking about 1 low distortion, 2 being able to be used in such a manner that the distortion is low after installation.

it has to correctly reproduce the signal or signals.. that's the drivers only job.. everything else is installation dependent..

Wouldn't I be underpowering a Gcon? Where do you purchase the IA lethal injection? I found the other IA subs for sale but not that series. Anyone have any experience with the American Bass TnT series?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.