Pair of 12s that are loud and low

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
Just looking around for a pair of 12s that will be on 3500 watts that love lows. I dont care about dB numbers, just want some lows with authority in them.

I've heard a pair of DADs go **** low, but not enough power for me.

Right now im looking at two Orion HCCA 12.4s; i will be underpowering them for longitivity sake.

So lets place my budget for brand new pair of 12s @ $1000

And of course, two D4s for a final impedence of 1ohm

Just looking around for a pair of 12s that will be on 3500 watts that love lows. I dont care about dB numbers, just want some lows with authority in them.

Right now im looking at two Orion HCCA 12.4s; i will be underpowering them for longitivity sake.

Honestly any 12s you get from a reputable company that will handle 3500 watts will hit low notes if you put it in a low tuned box.

This question has been asked so much this past week

Honestly any 12s you get from a reputable company that will handle 3500 watts will hit low notes if you put it in a low tuned box.
This question has been asked so much this past week
What is considered reputable changes per person. Just wondering what kind of feedback i got on my choice. I'm really liking Orion lately for some odd reason.

how bout some 15s?

FiDD

DC

Sundown

SSA

Skar

to name a few...just do some searching
I won't be going Fi again, Skar ZVX subs appear to like higher notes judging by just Fs alone, Looking into DC now, probably XLs. Not a big fan of sundown subs, and i havent gotten to SSA yet.

how bout some 15s?
Im thinking 2 12s can get louder than 1 15 in the space i have.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Orions have 4" coils but better can be had for 1000$ ask dtrom about them . I never ran then but never heard much good either
Idk his full name, call him in lol

I won't be going Fi again, Skar ZVX subs appear to like higher notes judging by just Fs alone, Looking into DC now, probably XLs. Not a big fan of sundown subs, and i havent gotten to SSA yet.
Don't wanna sound like a hugger but my xls finally loosened a lot and they get low and loud

Don't wanna sound like a hugger but my xls finally loosened a lot and they get low and loud
If the 12s are anything like my XL 15, then i know what i would probably go with, lol.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

i meant 2 15s
Not happening in this trunk

If the 12s are anything like my XL 15, then i know what i would probably go with, lol. 

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Not happening in this trunk
Your underpowering your xl if that's what you mean and you have a suv box in your trunk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.