Any Advice On Bridging A Stock Unit?

I Have The Jetta SEL 08 And It Has A Pair Of Two Ways In The Back And Three Ways In The Front, But I Would Like To Either Bridge The Front or Back And Put A Pair Of Component Speakers To An Amp. Is This Possible? I Took One Of The Rear Subwoofers Out Of The Door And They Were Rated 4ohm And The System Overall Is 250Watts.

Normally speakers don't get bridged/mono off an amp.

If you had a 2 ohm version comp set hooked to a 4 ch amp, depending upon the amps wattage it would be more than enough power for them.

I Meant Mid Range Woofer Rather Than A Subwoofer Out Of The Door, I'm Just Asking If It Is Safe To Bridge A Stock Stereo Front And Back To Run The Front 3way?

With Plans To Upgrade The 3way too, Thanks.

I wouldn't think so

It will probably fry either the internal or separate amp doing that

Go to the12volt.com and look up your vehicle then match what you have in the door

It is probably passive crossovers

the Front Speakers Are Not On A Crossover So I Believe The Channels Are Rated A Special Ohm Rating. Everything Sounds Alright Just Wanted To Know What Options I Had.
imo dont be cheap and cut corners, it will only lead to u frying something and it will cost more money to fix then if u wouldve just waited till u had the money for the correct equipment. u wouldn't even need a ton of money either, anywhere between 250-350 dollars should get u a budget 4 channel amp, component set and another set of speakers.

I Bought A New 7 Inch Touch Screen And Going To Read The Manual Or Contact The Company To See If It Is Bridgeable, But I'll Probably Just Keep It The Same. It Is Compatible Also With The Car

Maybe he is confused what bridging is

Bridging is when you use two channels of an amplifier together to produce one greater output

Most external aftermarket multi channel amps are bridgable to a certain ohm rating

I don't know if a single stock piece of equipment or any head unit that is bridgable

Where's The Market For One, Because I Would Like To Know. If I Put Out A Head Unit That Was Bridgeable I Would Fly In Some Buko Bucks. It Would Be A Nice Upgrade To Someone Trying To Only Install A 2channel A/B Amplifier And Utilize His Head Unit.

Is It Because Of The Standard Power Wire In Vehicles Not Being Big Enough To Do So Or Why Not?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.