Sony CDX GT-26 No Rear Out / Sub Option in Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonnyAlpha

UK
Hi;

I purchased a S/H Sony CDX GT26 from eBay as I just needed a head unit with Aux In to replace my old Pioneer DEH-1600R.

There appears to be a problem with the wiring on the back of the unit (dodgy connections) but for now the question I have is regarding connecting this to an external Amp.

I understand that the Amp connects to the RCA Pre Out on the rear of the head unit and according to the user manual here I believe you need to set the audio options to Rear / Sub Out in the setup menu.

The Amp is not connected yet but when scrolling through the setup this option is not available? Is it hidden until an amp is connected?

Many thanks

How many RCA pre outs are there on that unit?

Your partial correct. You will need to shut off the internal amp from the HU to activate the external amp once you plug in the RCA's to the back of the HU.

How many RCA pre outs are there on that unit?
Your partial correct. You will need to shut off the internal amp from the HU to activate the external amp once you plug in the RCA's to the back of the HU.
I have two Head Units and both only have one RCA (L/R) out on the rear. I think they are labelled Rear/Sub Out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.