Troubleshooting Pioneer AVH -X2500BT (only function is back-up cam)

Participant count
  • Participant list

zippinbye
10+ year member

Messing with my girl's AVH-X2500BT last night resulted in greater problems. Originally went into it to resolve lack of back-up camera when reverse was selected. I noticed one back-up lamp was out, so I assumed a correlation. Not so, it was simply not selected "on" in the menu. After re-selecting the b/u cam function and replacing a burned-out bulb on the car, I had a major problem. Her 2001 Toyota Avalon had recently experienced a dying battery; lots of low voltage events that dumped all the stored radio stations, and, evidently, menu selections, including the cam settings. So all dad did was reselect "back-up camera on," and that function was restored. Now that's all that works. Now, on initial power-up attempts via turning ignition to ACC or ON flashes the primary screen with "OFF" displays for about half a second, before showing a dark screen stating "CAUTION camera images may be reversed" which I live always has existed as a warning in case the polarity is backwards, either in reality or as selected in set-up. Fram that status it is impossible to elicit any other function from the head unit; push, pus and hold of any button, and .... nada. I tried my version of a system reset, via battery disconnect. No difference. It appears that amp is not being triggered on by the remote wire, just as one would expect with the unit off. And there is no audio noise whatsoever, even with an ear to a speaker. BTW, this head unit is wired to ACC for ignition-related on/off, and constant poor for memory via the cigarette lighter circuit. The owner's manual troubleshooting menu does not describe any problem even slightly related to what I'm experiencing. Now I'm wondering what the heck I did to create this malfunction, and if there's any recovery possible. Any ideas? Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.