Another Car Stereo Shop bites the dust!!!

as an installer and being local to you, you are whats wrong with the 12v industry. you don't know what your talking about and you have no idea how to run a business. you put a business on blast b/c you don't like the brand they carry or the retail price they gave when you asked for a price.

as an installer and being local to you, you are whats wrong with the 12v industry. you don't know what your talking about and you have no idea how to run a business. you put a business on blast b/c you don't like the brand they carry or the retail price they gave when you asked for a price.
Wasn't talking about you or your shop. Don't take it personal guy. I've been to shops with extensive knowledge and great selection. I was sharing a few singular experiences.

I don't claim to know anything, no need to bash me. I do know how to tell when someone is blowing smoke up my a$$. I'd be happy to come by your shop and see what you got. I prefer to shop at local shops, why do you think i keep stopping in different places. Try getting some looser fitting *******...

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me apologize to any and all installers, owners, dealers that I may have offended. Maybe I shouldn't have named names. I haven't lied or exaggerated any details of my experiences. Just reporting the facts. There are some great shops out there and even better guys working in them. Unfortunately some are not so good. To the guy in New Orleans. If you can offer a reliable amp that does rated then you were not who I was talking about.

if you are going to shop in a retail store front, expect retail pricing. if you don't like the product that store front has than move on to the next one. if you think you know more than the people working at a store front don't support them by not giving them your business. if you were to come into my location you can expect to pay $350 or more for an amp that does 1500 watts RMS. it would be a big box brand like Kicker or Alpine too. I'm sure you're going to complain saying "i can get that amp for half that online" my response is "pay me that price today and you can pick it up in 1 week also there's no warranty or receipt or returns".

Let me apologize to any and all installers, owners, dealers that I may have offended. Maybe I shouldn't have named names. I haven't lied or exaggerated any details of my experiences. Just reporting the facts. There are some great shops out there and even better guys working in them. Unfortunately some are not so good. To the guy in New Orleans. If you can offer a reliable amp that does rated then you were not who I was talking about.
I got a good guy an hour away, he sells AB, ct sounds, sundown, crescendo, tantric. The good stuff.

I can guarantee that if a shop offers you a Phoenix Gold Ti21300.1, a Rockford Fosgate T1500 or a MTX XThunder 1500.1 you'll complain about how it's too expensive and "it's mainstream durrr." If you like those internet brands then why even bother wasting local shops' time and just go to your "guy" that's only an hour away? People who are in the car audio business and have physical stores hate people like you, aka "I want everything for cheap but they better be good" morons. Car audio died because a lot of people became cheapasses, you think local stores dying is a good thing? No, they're the one who used to host shows and competitions, people used to be able to go to a shop and ask questions and get stuff fixed, now they have to go online and deal with idiots on forums who either bash what they own or just not helpful at all.

$50 for your Alpine M500 is almost too much for a shop, why? When a shop sells something and breaks then it's on them, why would they risk buying used equipment for resell knowing they'll have to pay for the damages if it goes faulty? If I own a shop I would just tell you that I'm not interested in used equipment, the dude was nice enough to offer a trade and you act all offended, that amp only goes for $70~90 used on eBay anyway. When an authorized dealer sells and installs the amp you usually have 6 months or more for warranty so if it goes defective then they'll swap it out free of charge. When someone buys something online and it breaks then you'll have to either pay return shipping or wait for them to email a label, wait for however long for exchange and you're out of gear for awhile. Outside of the 30-day exchange period? Good luck, you may just earned a paper weight. RMA request got lost? "Sorry let me try to find it." Your requests and calls go unanswered? Too bad, what are you gonna do, send them an angry email?

Support your local shops, if you don't like their items then fine, but don't sit here and act like you know everything about operating a business, because you don't.

Seems like some owners and employees are taking my words out of context. If you re-read my post's you will see that I only want expert advice and quality brands. I have only complained of low end equipment and sub-par expertise. Never claimed I knew everything, just that in some cases I knew more on certain subjects than some guys I have come in contact with in this area. And based on that could maybe run a shop myself.

Don't take this thread so seriously. I just began by venting about a few bad experiences. As a consumer of many types of goods and services you should be able to understand the concept.

If you and your shop don't fit the bill, then I was NOT talking about you.

Seems like some owners and employees are taking my words out of context. If you re-read my post's you will see that I only want expert advice and quality brands. I have only complained of low end equipment and sub-par expertise. Never claimed I knew everything, just that in some cases I knew more on certain subjects than some guys I have come in contact with in this area. And based on that could maybe run a shop myself.
Don't take this thread so seriously. I just began by venting about a few bad experiences. As a consumer of many types of goods and services you should be able to understand the concept.

If you and your shop don't fit the bill, then I was NOT talking about you.

we are taking what you said in full context. you are going into shady tree shops expecting MECP certified Sales staff and installation staff but to also carry internet only brands. even certified guys are retarded. do your research and find authorized dealers than go into those shops and be open minded instead of that know-it-all i read it on the internet mentality.

If I may. No one can say that this person or group of "people" are the cause of the death of car audio. Rather its been the "name brand" companies that have sold out and forced the local shops to sell product at ever shrinking margins. Compile that with the internet and the problems increases. This causes a ripple effect in the industry because shops that makes less on margins cant afford to actually hire knowledgeable staff or maintain said staff. So next time you go into a shop maybe have a little more patients, beating the shop down on price and internet comparisons is the reason the guy helping you may not be as smart as you want him to be.

And also keep this in mind OP. I have probably about 3,000 plus sku's in my computer and I am a really small shop. Trying to stay knowledgeable on just what the store carries is a pretty large task. I wouldnt expect too many shops to be too knowledgeable on products they dont carry or deal with on a daily basis.

Let me bounce in here real quick..

We deal with all of the following-

Internet Retailers

Individual Reps

Storefronts

I can tell you that each of those 3 have their OWN type of customer base.

Quite simply, you cannot run a store, have an "internet purchaser" walk in and talk crap and leave and expect you are failing as an employee or owner.

Nope, that's not true and if you think it is, you are wrong.

Each of those 3 mediums have their own customers.

Storefronts- These are the ones who's customers are either not internet based, clueless on DIY or in there for other things like alarm install, tinting, etc

Internet Retailer- These are the DIY guys who research things and love internet based brands because they can connect with the owners one on one.

Reps- these are the customers who get to talk one on one with the dealer 24\7 and get "hyped up" about products unlike anywhere else.

These 3 customer differences are unique and when they overlap, don't look at it as if you aren't doing your job right.

Each of these 3 choices of business focus on certain customers and when those customers come, they make profit.

When the wrong customers come, no outcome should be expected.

Maybe the next time the wrong customer shows up, ask them why not purchase through the medium that best suites them rather than criticize the wrong medium.

some people are intentionally stupid to try and make themselves feel better.

Don't let it get to you(store owners), it's just people with low wisdom just having some temporary fun learning the world of business.

no need for you to apologize because i guarantee you 95 percent of the members on this CARAUDIO fourm dont shop at retail stores let alone have them install anything so i guess we are all the problem, you shops are pointing the blame at the customer but the true villain is the companies you choose to do business with who sell to the gray market to make extra cash they are to blame im just trying to save money

no need for you to apologize because i guarantee you 95 percent of the members on this CARAUDIO fourm dont shop at retail stores let alone have them install anything so i guess we are all the problem, you shops are pointing the blame at the customer but the true villain is the companies you choose to do business with who sell to the gray market to make extra cash they are to blame im just trying to save money
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Only apologized because it's the easiest way to get a woman to shut up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.