pro audio setup help??

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
I have some soundqubed super tweets sitting in my room and im debating on ordering soundqubed pro audio mids and a new 4 ch amp and deadener but my question is does a pro audio setup have the potential to sound really crisp and clear or is it always going to be do bright to hear and enjoy? I obviously want it to get really loud but id like it to be nice and crisp as well. I like to listen to everything from metal (killswitch engage/mudvayne type stuff) to country and rap so id like it to sound nice and clear on all music. If anyone has inputs on pro audio setups id really appreciate it. Thanks guys

Im thinking about doing the same thing with the same speakers. Ive always had coaxials or components, running active right now. But i want my mids and highs screaming. Im just trying to research how to cross the pros over properly

i enjoy the heck out of 8" selenium 8w4p woofers. they realley bring sounds alive - electric guitars to saxaphones

ive just crossed out anything below 75hz to them and let them run above that - sounded fantastic in my old lowrider car

The head unit matters? I have a pioneer deh-x8500 will that work fine?
You don't have to have a active headunit but it makes things a lot easier.

Pretty hard to know what your crossover points are at by turning a tiny dial on the amp. Guess an SMD CC1 would help out there. But with an active headunit you just set crossovers through the headunit. Super easy.

You don't have to have a active headunit but it makes things a lot easier.
Pretty hard to know what your crossover points are at by turning a tiny dial on the amp. Guess an SMD CC1 would help out there. But with an active headunit you just set crossovers through the headunit. Super easy.
shoot I might look into getting an 80 prs then because I've heard a lot of good things about them. How much do they usually run for? and what crossover points would you recommend for the mids and highs? This will be my first time going active so im pretty new to all the crossover points

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I run the 800.4 and the sq pa mids and super tweetz and they sound great on rock if properly installed in deadended doors and properly crossed over
Okay cool thanks man! just needed a second opinion on them

shoot I might look into getting an 80 prs then because I've heard a lot of good things about them. How much do they usually run for? and what crossover points would you recommend for the mids and highs? This will be my first time going active so im pretty new to all the crossover points 

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Okay cool thanks man! just needed a second opinion on them

The 80 prs is great. I hate pioneers but I love my 2 80prs. I paid $233 each from 3kings. They hooked me up a little over a year now. I heard from someone they are going to go up in price soon.

But they are great. Not just for an active headunit but for so much more.

I have my mids high pass at 100hz and low pass at 5k. Tweets at 4k I think. 6 6.5" mids and 4 3" super tweets.

The 80 prs is great. I hate pioneers but I love my 2 80prs. I paid $233 each from 3kings. They hooked me up a little over a year now. I heard from someone they are going to go up in price soon.

But they are great. Not just for an active headunit but for so much more.

I have my mids high pass at 100hz and low pass at 5k. Tweets at 4k I think. 6 6.5" mids and 4 3" super tweets.
Okay cool thanks for your help man! I'm actually debating on buying that b2 Quattro that just went up for sale on here, not sure if you know about them but I believe its 90wrms per channel, would that be enough to get the mids and super tweets loud? I've never used pro audio stuff so im not sure what kind of power it takes haha

Okay cool thanks for your help man! I'm actually debating on buying that b2 Quattro that just went up for sale on here, not sure if you know about them but I believe its 90wrms per channel, would that be enough to get the mids and super tweets loud? I've never used pro audio stuff so im not sure what kind of power it takes haha
Not to familiar with that amp. I'd look it up but I'm still at work on my phone. Lol

The nice thing about pro audio is they have a high sensitivity and get loud on low power.

I had to turn the gain down quite a bit on my tweeters cause they would Kill my ears they were so loud.

Not to familiar with that amp. I'd look it up but I'm still at work on my phone. Lol
The nice thing about pro audio is they have a high sensitivity and get loud on low power.

I had to turn the gain down quite a bit on my tweeters cause they would Kill my ears they were so loud.
Alright cool I might snatch that amp up then because she's a beauty haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.