Analyzing the prototype.

Alright so ill pretend I understood that. Whats the practical sense to it all? What does it do in a real life setting?
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Knocks pictures off walls.. lol. It's honestly just a design theory I had. I'm infatuated with high output low distortion drivers. Just want to build something ****** that's musical. I'm sure adding some shorting rings would lower the le more(stabilize the curve abit) but it's already a expensive driver to build as is. Although the mag id rings aren't expensive and apparently they help stabilize le I need to test if it is worth it. I've never tested this theory before so I started off with a more typical build with no shorting rings. Although I really want to do a full copper sleve but that's going to cost a good deal more..

Knocks pictures off walls.. lol. It's honestly just a design theory I had. I'm infatuated with high output low distortion drivers. Just want to build something ****** that's musical. I'm sure adding some shorting rings would lower the le more(stabilize the curve abit) but it's already a expensive driver to build as is. Although the mag id rings aren't expensive and apparently they help stabilize le I need to test if it is worth it. I've never tested this theory before so I started off with a more typical build with no shorting rings. Although I really want to do a full copper sleve but that's going to cost a good deal more..
Sounds like an xcon

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Put the spider in place set the shim in. Put the coil in. Aligned the coil set the coil to the correct height and put a small bead for the first pass to hold the coil so I can put the joint underneath the spider without worrying about the spider moving on the joint at the bottom.

20 minutes later..

The bottom joint 1st pass..

Last edited by a moderator:
shouldn't be too much longer depending on how things play out. I'm more than likely going to get a SUV. I can't really fit anything in the trunk(like 3 cubes total) and i really don't want to pull the backseat out of my car and honestly i need a truck or a SUV i can't haul anything etc..

I decided to get a "test" amp from a build house so im waiting on it but i have a custom lunar l500x2 as a temp amp.. its two lunar l500s in one heatsink im guessing about 650 @ 4ohm and 1200 @ 2ohm. can't run it at one. its a 1200 dollar amp and its not mine. ***** but its better than nothing.. once i get everything done i'll post some videos..

i figured id have it up by now but things been shaky with the oil field so slow. i just paid another 3k in fines for some **** i DIDN'T DO work slowed down and im paying out the *** for insurance(600 a month) when things setting out ill have more time and money to burn. gotta get a battery and a alt next..

ca sets faster in humid weather
I let it sit about 1 1/2 hours between passes. i was paranoid. lol its hot as fcuk here anyways.

Without the heat index it's generally 92-94. with the heat index around 100-105.. its 91 now "realfeel" is 101.. its gonna be about 105-108 tomorrow. pass out action..

Trying my hardest not to spend any money even though its for a good cause. company is about layoff 120 people come next month.. works so slow here the unemployment rate is close to 20%.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Papermaker85

5,000+ posts
Banned
Papermaker85
New orleans LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date