Analyzing the prototype.

I think this ones a tad bigger 10"slugs..reguardless they both monster and I'm sure the dc freaking pounds..
well i'm sure it is bigger, because the DC is 86 lbs for an 18. Yours look like a 15 and its heavier so yeah that ****'s huge.

BTW I saw a hair trick with a pair of TC sounds 5200 in a big box tuned to 28hz. The guy was using a pure audio 4 channel, less than a few hundred watts to each 15 in an acura hatchback. While maintaining very good sound quality as well. Those 5200s are absolute efficient, loud and linear monsters.

well i'm sure it is bigger, because the DC is 86 lbs for an 18. Yours look like a 15 and its heavier so yeah that ****'s huge.
BTW I saw a hair trick with a pair of TC sounds 5200 in a big box tuned to 28hz. The guy was using a pure audio 4 channel, less than a few hundred watts to each 15 in an acura hatchback. While maintaining very good sound quality as well. Those 5200s are absolute efficient, loud and linear monsters.
Yes they are other woofers typically need two to three times the power but they get their gains from other things like increase box size increase Port area an increased dampening in order to take the power and ultimately get louder I promise you as soon as you put 4500 to it kiss it goodbye. The suspension is too soft to properly control the driver in the larger boxes with higher Port area so it's a fine line between efficiency power handling displacement and ultimately the alignment that is the most efficient

Yea it's a 15.. you and I both know more weight doesn't mean squat though.. hehe

I'm courious to see what kind of bl I can get with a 8 layer coil.. it would be upwards of 30tm..

Competition doesn't bother me.. competition only makes things better. Biuld a good product treat your customers good and have fair prices is all I ask for and what I would do..
I see alot of stuff on the market that's so expensive like jl for example. I'll give you your money back if this woofer doesn't walk on it in anyway for a fraction of the price.. I hate greedy people..
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif

I'm confused.. lol you like the money back or the **** talking? Lol
Competition doesn't bother me.. competition only makes things better. Biuld a good product treat your customers good and have fair prices is all I ask for and what I would do..

I see alot of stuff on the market that's so expensive like jl for example. I'll give you your money back if this woofer doesn't walk on it in anyway for a fraction of the price.. I hate greedy people..

VERY WELL SAID //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/patriotic.gif.b47a6e0394a3738334c387bdf79409f4.gif

lol JL doesn't just order a woofer from a China catalogue. Idiot
Their lowest line has more R&D than it takes to stick the same old TI basket on a motor
I'm not even going to argue with you because you A lack the fundamental knowledge to do so or B you just act that way.. call them up and tell them you want one of these. The i bet the engineer won't sell it to you..

I want to recone my strato v1 18's because they're rated at 500 watts but their suspension is as stiff as a DD 9500 and the lows ****
How you like those woofers? I think they where coming out around the time I was getting good out the scene..

How you like those woofers? I think they where coming out around the time I was getting good out the scene..
We were CT Sounds dealers. The 18 v1 ******, but the 10-12-15 where awesome for what they were. I'm sure the V2 18's were better. The woofer is built like a 1000 watt woofer, probably 1000w coils if your power is clean (mine was). The GD spiders were wayyyyyy too stiff so it'd only play 35 hz and up really, below 35, the coil and cone aren't moving enough so the heat builds up quickly. I though I caught them on fire one day last year, lol. They are out of the truck now, wanted to put one of them in a t-line in my house, seriously.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Papermaker85

5,000+ posts
Banned
Papermaker85
New orleans LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date