• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 610
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Hey! I've got 2 440 clarion amps(4 ch.), ones bridged to 2 10" subs and the other runs to my speakers. Can anyone tell me what gain, filter, and bass extender mean (on my amps) - im playing around with the sounds. Also, if anyone knows the best hz, fz, or db that each should be. Thanks

think of gain as a volume control

my hu puts out 4 volts, and idealy i'd have the gain at 4 volts to get max SQ, but I need more power than that so i turn it up. Way to do this if 1st internals, turn off or unplug subs, turn deck to a HIGH level, and crank up gain till speakers are screaming.

Filter keeps certain frequencies from getting to your speakers. High pass internals, and low pass subs.

Bass extender sounds like bass boost

best freq and db depends all on your ****, play around with it

have fun :p

4 channel amps really are not that great at powering subs. They are more for components so you dont have to buy several amps just 1 4 channel or 2 depending on how many components. Go with 2 (2) channel amps and bridge those maybe try a couple of MTX Thunders use the 4channel amp on your components. IMO then adjust your gains from there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.