Amps Won't Work!? Thoughts?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Therabitier

I have a couple of amps, a Cadence z1502, and a Clif Designs 4 way 1400w. Been using the amps for 4 and 8 years with no problems ever, until 1 month ago. Here's what has been happening:

- When I began turning up the volume everything was fine, but when I turned the sub level on the deck (Kenwood, something just below excelon series and 8 years old) the amps would both cut out, and no sound. I initially thought I had fried them somehow (what the shop said due to my grounding against my spare tire area; Was no issue, ground works perfectly, no paint, clean bolted contact).

What I tried: I tested volts from power wire, 12volts, Remote wire, 12 volts, Ground, perfect.

BUT when I test them while inside the amp, they are all the SAME EXCEPT the power drops to 1.2 in the amp. When I tested direct power from my Voltmeter, the amp powers on! Viola! Not protected mode or anything. But it won't power up without that even though the end of the power wire definitely has power... Sound like a remote wire issue?

Has anyone else ever had this issue? Do I need a new deck? That's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with... Anyways, any help is very appreciated, since all my local audio shop wanted to do is sell me new amps claiming I blew them when nothing on the inside is blown and all fuses have been checked.

Electronics fail over time, your equipment isn't the best and wasn't the best when it was purchased, it is likely that the amp needs to be replaced now if you wanna check to see if it's a remote issue jump the remote over to the main power and see if it works

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

That's what I tried to explain, it is an issue with the remote. I did power it straight from the battery and it sparked the amps right up. They work fine. I just don't wanna spend $200 on another deck if anyone thinks there might be another issue. Thanks.

That's what I tried to explain, it is an issue with the remote. I did power it straight from the battery and it sparked the amps right up. They work fine. I just don't wanna spend $200 on another deck if anyone thinks there might be another issue. Thanks.
If you wire the remote to your IGN fuse that should turn them on and off with the car. That way you don't have to buy a New HU if the remote on the HU is broken.

If you wire the remote to your IGN fuse that should turn them on and off with the car. That way you don't have to buy a New HU if the remote on the HU is broken.
Thank you! I will look up where it is in my Subaru. I figure amps should be running for a good period of time as long as well taken care of and they remain untouched in my spare tire well and mounted where only dust can get to them. I appreciate the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.