Wiring question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Alright guys this is probably a dumb question, but I have a lot and I mean A lot of 12 or 14 guage speaker wire laying around. I'm getting an american bass xfl 12 in tommorow and I would like to make sure its getting at least 10 gauge wire. So I know this sounds ridiculous but can I just take the 12 or 14 gauge wire and twist the positive wire and negative wire together to make one thicker wire? Or would that not work for some reason? I hope I'm making sense about what i'm trying to do. Thanks.

you'll be more than fine with 12 gauge wire. no need complicate it. make it simple and just use 12 gauge - good to go

if you're really that paranoid yes you can twist it together and use two runs of the wire as one connection (i.e. positive, or negative)

it's parallel wiring at that point

Either will be fine. Only time I would double up on it or use thicker gauge is if your running multiple subs/amps and several 1000 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.