Amplifier sub help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Karl_z_e_n

I just recently got a car and don't have a lot of money, but I love my music and bass. So my friend gave me a kenwood KAC-744 power amp, and my other friend is selling me a used 10" jl CP110-W0v3 sub woofer. Just wondering how these two would cooperate with each other. How would it sound? What kind of wiring do I need?

It came with no wires what so ever...

Help would be much appreciated

The amp you were given is a 4 channel and the sub is a single 4Ω coil so there's no way to get all the power the amp is capable of producing... which isn't much to begin with. You'd be much better served to find an inexpensive monoblock amp that does ~300 watts at 4 ohms.

As for how it will sound... it'll add a little bit of bass to your system.

Bridge two of the channels and you'll end up with 110w which is still underpowering the sub but if you gotta make the most of what you have go for it. Also leaves the other two channels available if you wanted to upgrade your front speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.