2 way active help/advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Adnan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys im having a problem finding a suitable cut HP cut off point for my midbass in my system.

My setup consist of an Alpine 9835 deck

zapco iforce I2002 125wx2 for tweeters

audison srx4 bridged to 120x2 for the mids

speakers are Image Dynamics CXS64 6.5s components rated for 150w

The gain is set to the lowest point on both amps,im happy with how the mids and tweeters blend at 2.5khz. My problem is I can't a decent low end extension from my mids if i cut them off at 100hz (at any slope) they sound good and get loud but no midbass at all,there's an audible gap between the mids and the sub. When I lower it to 80hz at 24db I get a weak midbass response and clips at high volume.

Based on a quick look online Im seeing people running active with the same speakers at 80hz with no problem at least no complaints about the lack of midbass im having

The speakers are properly mounted on the door with MDF ring and sealed with caulk,unfortunately some of the deadner I had on the doors came out during the process so its not 100% sealed.

Any advice or suggestions?

thanks

I've read that a 4ohm system typically lacks that mid bass sweet spot. I had to run my PPS46's on full range to get a better low and ended up with more highs than I wanted, but I like the lows I'm getting now.

^ thanks for the link I guess i'll have to seal my doors completely

on another note I used the EQ on the deck to dial back in the 100hz area by one unit (or w/e measure) , set the HPF back to 80hz and it helped quite a bit

I've read that a 4ohm system typically lacks that mid bass sweet spot. I had to run my PPS46's on full range to get a better low and ended up with more highs than I wanted, but I like the lows I'm getting now.
good to know

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.