Amplifier Integration into 2014 F150 w/Sony Amplified system:

Participant count
  • Participant list
The original Sony sound system in my F150 sounds ho hum. It does not allow streaming music to go too loud and needs way more base than the little 10 inch sub-woofer under the rear right seat is capable of. I will be installing an PAC AmpPRO amplifier bypass to add Alpine amplifiers for front L&R, front center, rear L&R and two 12 inch rear under seat sub-woofers. I'll also be installing a Helix DSP Mini digital signal processor to get the best sound I can. I've installed a few sound systems in the past, but this is the first time I've installed an amplified system into a vehicle with a sound bus system or using a DSP.
PAC AmpPRO

Below is the wiring diagram I will be using for this install. I will be using the optical line from the AmpPRO to feed the Helix DSP, so I get the best sound possible.

Anyone out there that's used an AmpPRO with the optical output?
I think the AmpPRO can output both optical and the RCA (low level) signal simultaneously, yes?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...